ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) – The UCF women's soccer team added new players to the #BuiltByUCF ranks, including three who have signed with Orlando Pride. The players will join 15 Knights across the professional ranks.
Here's a look at the Knights who have joined Orlando Pride of the NWSL after their time with the Black and Gold.
Bridget Callahan signed a contract with Orlando Pride as a national team replacement player in March 2018. After signing a contract for the 2019 season, she appeared in eight matches and started six. She managed one the best passing percentages on the team, hitting accurate balls to her teammates 80.5% of the time.
Konya Plummer became the first Jamaican-born player drafted in NWSL history and has signed with the Orlando Pride. She was No. 10 overall and was the first pick of the second round in the 2020 NWSL College Draft. Plummer was one of the youngest captains in FIFA Women's World Cup France 2019, starting in all three matches for the Reggae Girlz.
Carrie Lawrence signed as a supplemental player for the 2020 NWSL season with the Orlando Pride Defense.
Additional Knights in the Pros:
- Lena Petermann, Montpellier Hérault Sport Club Féminines – Played seven games and scored six goals
- Sophie Howard, Reading FC women and Scotland – Made 14 appearances for Scotland in 2019 and scored the winning goal against Jamaica
- Karoline Heinze, Bayer 04 Leverkusen – Had two starts for the Frauen-Bundesliga club in 2019
- Carol Rodriguez, Dijon FCO – Scored three goals in seven games during the French championship
- Kathleen Sousa, FC Girondins de Bordeaux – Received an offer from FC Girondins de Bordeaux and joined the French Division one club
- Kayla Adamek, UD Granadilla Tenerife – Signed with UD Granadilla in December after starting every game in the 2019-20 UEFA women's championship league, scoring five goals and four assists
- Stefanie Sanders, SC Freiburg – Played in six matches and started two. To open the 2019 season, she scored a goal in the first two matches of 2019
- Dina Orschmann, FFC Turbine Potsdamn – Played one match in the spring and suffered a season ending injury
- Vera Varis, LB07 - Limhamn Bunkeflo 07 Malmo – Played a total of 1,080 minutes in 12 appearances which included two shutouts
- Aline Reis, UD Granadilla Tenerife – In 2019, the Brazilian National Team competed in the SheBelieves Cup where Reis played in three matches. Currently, Reis is signed with UDG Tenerife which competes in the Primera División de la Liga de Fútbol Femenino
- Chloe N'Gazi, US Orleans Loiret Football – Signed with the US Orleans Loiret Football for the 2019-20 season. Currently, they are sitting 5-2-5
- Olivia Smith, West Ham United Football Club – Joined West Ham United Football Club in London on non-contract terms
Current Knights training with international teams:
- Ally Gudorf, Germany U19/U20
- Mollie Rouse, England U23
- Ariel Young, Canada U19/U20
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Women's Soccer on social media on Facebook (/UCFWSoccer), Twitter (@UCF_WSoccer) and Instagram (@UCF.WSoccer)