Oct. 4, 2008
- Back to their winning ways at Bright House Networks Stadium, the Knights have now won eight of their last nine games at home.
- The Knights now lead the all-time series with the Mustangs 2-0. They also defeated SMU in Dallas 49-20 on Nov. 17, 2007. UCF is now 7-7 all-time against teams from Texas.
- UCF scored at least three touchdowns from scrimmage for the first time this season. The four touchdowns were the most since scoring four times from scrimmage in a 44-25 victory against Tulsa on Dec. 1, 2007.
- The 25 rushing yards allowed are the fewest since allowing 11 yards on the ground against Marshall in 2005.
- With Joe Burnett's second-quarter interception, UCF has now picked off a pass in 13-consecutive games.
- The 56-yard touchdown pass from Michael Greco to Brian Watters was UCF's longest TD from scrimmage in 2008.
- The Watters touchdown reception was also the Knights' longest TD reception since Sept. 22, 2007, against Memphis (Kyle Israel 72 yards to Kamar Aiken).
- Senior Daren Daly's 36-yard field goal in the first quarter marked the first time the Knights have scored on their opening possession in 2008.
- In four out of five games this season and seven of the last eight overall, UCF's opponents have not scored on their opening drive.
- UCF improved to 3-1 all-time in Conference USA home openers.
- With the victory, UCF improves to 8-0 in Bright House Networks Stadium against unranked teams and 6-0 against teams from Conference USA. The announced attendance was 43,147.
- As usual, UCF's starting secondary included Joe Burnett, Johnell Neal, Sha'reff Rashad and Jason Venson. The quartet has now started a combined total of 155 career games. The quartet now has 42 career picks.
- With the addition of sophomore Darin Baldwin and junior Ian Bustillo this afternoon, UCF now boasts 40 players on its roster who have started a game for the Knights.
- Joe Burnett's second-quarter interception of Bo Levi Mitchell was the 14th interception of his career, breaking the school record he previously shared with Keith Evans. Burnett is also second in the NCAA in career picks among active players.
- Burnett also moved into a tie for third in career interceptions in Conference USA history.
- Sha'reff Rashad moved into double figures in career interceptions with a pick in the fourth quarter. With 10 interceptions, Rashad is now tied with teammate Johnell Neal on UCF's career list.
- Freshman Ronnie Weaver carried the ball 25 times for a career-high 123 yards. The total marks UCF's first 100-yard rusher in 2008 and the first since Kevin Smith accumulated 119 yards on 35 carries in the Liberty Bowl on Dec. 29, 2007.
- Weaver's 48-yard run in the second quarter was a career high and the longest run from scrimmage for UCF in 2008.
- Weaver's seven-yard TD scamper in the third quarter was the first of his career. - Sophomore Blake Clingan had five punts for 218 yards, an average of 43.6 yards per punt. Clingan had three punts downed inside the 20-yard line.
- Junior Jarvis Geathers recorded the first two sacks of his career in the contest. - Freshman Rob Calabrese scored on a two-yard run in the second quarter, his first career rushing score.
- Sophomore Derrick Hallman picked off his first interception of the season and second of his career.
- Hallman tied his career high with seven tackles in the contest, tying him with Burnett for the team-high on the day.
- Burnett extended the Conference USA career punt return record to 1,181 yards. The NCAA's active leader in punt return yardage returned four punts for 94 yards in the contest.
- Burnett moved into second place in C-USA history in total punt returns. He now has 84 punt returns, behind only Arnold Jackson of Louisville who finished with 100.
- Patrick Brown has now started a national-high 43-consecutive games at left tackle.
- Sophomore Kamar Aiken made his first start of the season. The wide receiver finished the game with eight yards on one reception.
- George O'Leary selects a pair of players to serve as captains for each game. Antonio Wallace (defense) and Patrick Brown (offense) were awarded the distinction against SMU.