Houston at UCF
1 p.m. | Sunday, Nov. 3 | Cincinnati, Ohio
Live Stats | Watch Live | Championship Central | Tickets
ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) – The 2019 American Athletic Conference championship has been set – the UCF women's soccer team earned the third seed in the tournament which gives the Knights (10-3-4, 4-2-3 AAC) the right to host the Houston Cougars (6-13, 3-6 AAC) first round at the UCF Soccer Complex.
The last time these two teams met on the pitch, the Knights downed Houston on the road with a trio of goals from Mollie Rouse, Zandy Soree and Kristen Scott. UCF outshot the Cougars 19-7 in the contest, with 11 shots on goal.
No. 3 Seed UCF
- Last time out, Caroline DeLisle had a career game against the South Florida Bulls, picking up a career-high 10 saves on her way to earning her ninth clean sheet of the year.
- Ellie Moreno netted her second game winner of the 2019 campaign with her 43rd minute goal to secure the War on I-4 victory.
- Kristen Scott and Zandy Soree anchor the Knights attack, combining for 15 goals and one assist on the season.
- Goalkeeper Caroline DeLisle is second in the conference in goals against average (0.50), save percentage (.852) and shutouts with nine.
No. 6 Seed Houston
- Houston enters the AAC Championship tournament as the number six seed, winning three of four matches to end conference play.
- The Cougars have been outscored 38-23, scoring an average of 1.21 goals compared to opponents 2.00 goals per game.
- Desiree Bowen and Jazmin Grant lead the way for the Cougars offense, each with four goals. Bowen leads the team in points with 13, while Grand has 11.
- Samantha Cude has 11 appearances in net for Houston, making 50 saves and allowing 18 goals in the regular season.
The American Athletic Conference Championship
- The tournament features a single-elimination format with the first round on Sunday, Nov. 3. Memphis will host the semifinals on Nov. 7 and the final on Nov. 10.
- Third-seeded UCF hosts No. 6 seed Houston, while Cincinnati, seeded fourth, entertains fifth-seeded SMU. Both matches are scheduled for 1 p.m. Eastern starts.
- Top seed Memphis and second-seeded USF earned byes into the semifinals. The semifinals and finals will be hosted by Memphis.
- Tickets for the first round at the UCF Soccer Complex can be purchased here.
- For More on the 2019 American Championship, visit the championship central.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Women's Soccer on social media on Facebook (/UCFWSoccer), Twitter (@UCF_WSoccer) and Instagram (@UCF.WSoccer)