GREENVILLE, N.C. (UCFKnights.com) – The Knights (9-2-4, 4-1-2 AAC) begin their final road trip of the regular season with a victory over the ECU Pirates (5-9-2, 2-4-1 AAC). With the ninth win of the year, the UCF women's soccer team extends their unbeaten streak to six games and picks up their fourth shutout in a row.
After a scoreless first half, Kristen Scott scored the game winner from a corner kick from Mollie Rouse in the 57th minute of the match.
Fourth Straight Shutout
- With the victory, the Knights moved to third place in American Athletic Conference standings.
- Redshirt Freshman Caroline DeLisle picked up her fourth consecutive clean sheet and eighth of the season.
- Kristen Scott's 57th minute goal is her eighth of the season, and marks her as the sole leading goal scorer for the Knights.
- ECU and the Knights were even with 10 shots in the match, but UCF had the edge with six shots on goal compared to the Pirates two.
- UCF also earned more corner kicks in the match with nine to the Pirates three.
Post-Match Thoughts with Tiffany Roberts Sahaydak
UCF continues the road trip with a match on Sunday against the Cincinnati Bearcats at 1 p.m. The Bearcats are currently 6-8-2 and 4-3 in AAC matches, putting them in fourth place in the conference stnadings.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Women's Soccer on social media on Facebook (/UCFWSoccer), Twitter (@UCF_WSoccer) and Instagram (@UCF.WSoccer)