ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) – Seeming to find their stride, the UCF women's soccer team won their second match in a row when they hosted Arizona State at the UCF Soccer Complex on Thursday night.
The Knights saw four members of the team net a goal in the match, the most for the UCF squad to this point in the season.
The Black and Gold entered half-time even with the Sun Devils after Jessica Taylor put the Knights on the board thanks to a free kick from Mollie Rouse that bounced around in the box.
After the break, UCF came out with vengeance and took 12 shots. Kristen Scott score her third goal of the season, Zandy Soree put away her first of the year, and Ellie Moreno scored the first goal of her collegiate career less than 10 minutes after making her career debut.
Goals on Goals on Goals
- UCF's three second-half goals are more than the Knights have scored in an entire match thus far.
- Two of the Knights four goals came from players that started the match on the bench.
- The Knights took 14 total shots in the match and put nine shots on frame compared to the Sun Devils two.
- Ally Gudorf contributed two assists in the match, feeding Zandy Soree and Kristen Scott on their goals.
- The Knights are now averaging 1.8 goals per match with 11.6 shots per game average.
Head Coach Tiffany Roberts Sahaydak on team confidence after back-to-back victories:
The Knights will continue the home stand to host Stetson University for "Have a Ball" night. Fans are encouraged to bring a ball to donate at the match to Children Beyond Our Borders. Fans who donate will receive one free match ticket for every ball donated.
More information about Children Beyond Our Borders can be found HERE.
DON'T MISS OUT
The UCF women's soccer team is in its seventh season under head coach Tiffany Roberts Sahaydak. Click here or call (407) 823-1000 for ticket information.