|UCF at George Mason
1 p.m. | Sunday, Sept. 1 | Fairfax, Va.
Live Stats | Watch Live
ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) – The UCF women's soccer team will travel to Fairfax, Va. to look for redemption against George Mason after dropping a tight contest a year ago. The Patriots hold a commanding 1-6-1 lead in the all-time series between the two programs.
- A year ago, UCF hosted George Mason at the UCF Soccer Complex where it dropped a 3-1 contest.
- Last time out, the Knights drew against an Ohio State team that began the season receiving votes in the United Soccer Coaches preseason poll.
- Redshirt senior Jessica Taylor got the start up front in UCF's second match of the season, netting the first goal of the Knights young season in the 12th minute of the contest.
- Including preseason matches, the Black and Gold have continued to see improved results in each match.
- Four Knights have played all 200 minutes of official contests – Madison Murnin, Konya Plummer, Olivia Smith, and Caroline DeLisle.
- Through two games, George Mason currently sits at 0-2 after playing both a game on the road against Old Dominion and a game at home against Kentucky.
- The Patriots finished their 2018 campaign at 14-6, qualifying for the Atlantic-10 conference tournament and advancing to the semi-final match.
- Despite dropping two decisions, the Patriots have outshot their opponents 27-17 – led by forward Emma Van Der Vorst
DON'T MISS OUT
The UCF women's soccer team is set for its seventh season under head coach Tiffany Roberts Sahaydak and will welcome four teams from the 2018 NCAA Championship to the UCF Soccer Complex in 2019. Click here or call (407) 823-1000 for ticket information.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Women's Soccer on social media on Facebook (/UCFWSoccer), Twitter (@UCF_WSoccer) and Instagram (@UCF.WSoccer)