ORLANDO, Fla. - It was an eventful senior day for the UCF Women's Soccer Team, as they won 5-0 over Temple, and extended their winning streak to three games.
The Black and Gold got the scoring started early, as Ellie Moreno scored in the fifth minute to make it 1-0. Just three minutes later, she found the back of the net again to earn a brace and give the Knights a 2-0 lead. Two minutes after that, in the 11th minute of the match, Kristen Scott joined the party with a goal to make it 3-0.
UCF (8-5-1, 3-3-1) would rack up 15 total shots in the first half to the Owls' (5-6-3, 2-5-0) one as the score would hold at 3-0.
The domination continued in the second half for the Black and Gold. In the 63rd minute Scott added her second goal of the game to give the Knights two braces on the day.
Right before the final whistle Katie Bradley became the first Knight not named Kristen Scott or Ellie Moreno to score making it a 5-0 game.
In total, UCF had 33 total shots to Temple's lone shot in the first half.
- With the victory the Knights' have clinched at least a sixth place finish in the conference, and a berth to the American Athletic Conference Championship tournament.
- UCF moves to 11-0-1 all-time against the Owls, dating back to 1992.
- Caroline DeLisle and Lizah Pistorio combined for the Knights seventh clean sheet of the season.
- All but one UCF victory this season has been a shutout. The lone non-shutout win was the 2-1 victory over No. 7 Penn State.
- Orlando native, Kristen Scott leads the team with nine goals this season.
- Ellie Moreno's two goals today bring her total to five on the year.
- Head Coach Tiffany Roberts Sahaydak currently sits one win away from 100 wins at the helm of the Knights (99-44-18)
- UCF's three game win streak is the Knights longest win streak of the season.
After three straight shutout victories, the Knights will hit the road to close out the season at Cincinnati on Thursday, October 28 for a 7 p.m. kickoff. The Bearcats are currently 6-7-3 overall and 1-4-2 in the American Athletic Conference.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Women's Soccer on social media on Facebook (/UCFWSoccer), Twitter (@UCF_WSoccer) and Instagram (@UCF.WSoccer).