ORLANDO, Fla. – The UCF women's soccer team earned a 3-0 victory over Tulsa Sunday afternoon at the UCF Soccer Complex. The win marked head coach Tiffany Roberts Sahaydak's 150th career victory in 15 years of coaching. It was also the Knights' first American Athletic Conference victory on the year, as they improve to 6-5-1, 1-3-1 AAC.
The offense started early for the Black and Gold as Sanja Homann scored just 50 seconds into the game to give UCF a very early 1-0 lead.
The Knights kept the pressure on Tulsa throughout the remainder of the first half but were unable to notch another goal and took a 1-0 lead into the locker room.
The Black and Gold came out of the halftime break looking for more, getting multiple chances up front. In the 58th minute Kristen Scott put one in the back of the net off beautiful passes from Homann and Ellie Moreno.
Exactly 10 minutes later, Moreno joined the fun and scored the third of the match with a chip over the Tulsa keepers head.
Reigning AAC Goalkeeper of the Week, Caroline DeLisle earned her fifth clean sheet of the year. She had four saves on the day.
- Five of UCF's six wins in 2021 have been shutouts.
- Sanja Homann scored her first goal of the season in the first minute today, as Kristen Scott and Ellie Moreno earned assists.
- Kristen Scott's 58th minute goal was her seventh of the season which leads the team and is second in the AAC.
- Ellie Moreno tacked her third goal of the year in the 68th minute from an assist from Dayana Martin
- The Knights improve to 15-1-1 all-time against the Golden Hurricane.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Women's Soccer on social media on Facebook (/UCFWSoccer), Twitter (@UCF_WSoccer) and Instagram (@UCF.WSoccer)