ORLANDO, Fla. – After a rainy day in Orlando, the Knights fell to Houston in the final game of the regular season, 3-1. With the loss, the UCF women's soccer team finishes the 2020-21 campaign with a 2-4-1 record and has been eliminated from contention in the American Athletic Conference Championship.
Houston came out of the gate hot, netting a goal at 4:19 and again at 7:12 to give the Cougars. 2-0 lead before the 10-minute mark. Despite heading into halftime trailing 2-0, the Knights matched Houston with three shots in the first half.
The Knights opened the second half with a bang, as Kailey Scott netted her first goal as a Knight to pull UCF within one. That lasted only moments, as Houston answered with their third goal of the day. The Black & Gold outshot Houston 8-6 with four shots on goal but were unable to cut into the 3-1 deficit.
- The Knights are now 14-1-1 against Houston all-time.
- Despite trailing nearly the entire game, the Knights outshot Houston with eight shots, six on goal.
- Kailey Scott scored her first career-goal as a Knight, netting the only goal for UCF in the 49th minute.
- Dayana Martin's assist on Scott's goal was her first of the year and her second as a Knight.
- Goalkeeper Nahla Turner made two saves in her debut as a Knight.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Women's Soccer on social media on Facebook (/UCFWSoccer), Twitter (@UCF_WSoccer) and Instagram (@UCF.WSoccer)