Tampa, Fla. – In its second contest of the year against a ranked opponent, the UCF women's soccer team fell to No. 16 South Florida on the road in the latest edition of the War on I-4, 2-1.
After a quiet thirty minutes to start the contest, Sabrina Wagner opened the scoring for the Bulls to give them a 1-0 lead heading into halftime.
Mathilde Kack evened the game in the 71st minute, scoring her first of the season with a header off of a set piece. Less than 10 minutes later, South Florida capitalized on a penalty kick opportunity to retake a 2-1 lead with less than 15 minutes left in the match.
The Knights continued to push for the equalizer but we unable to even the match.
- UCF still leads the all-time series between the two programs, 11-4-4
- Mathilde Kack's first goal of the year is the first scored against USF in the 2020-21 campaign
- The Bulls outshot the Knights 11 to six, with seven shots on goal compared to UCF's three.
- Caroline DeLisle made five saves on seven shots on goal, second to her season-highs in both categories
- Katie Bradley led the team with two shots in the match, the only Knight with multiple shots taken.
UCF returns home for two more home games to close out the 2021 spring campaign. The Knights welcome SMU to the UCF Soccer Complex on Mar. 28 for a 1 p.m. kickoff, before an off weekend to start April. UCF will then host Houston on Sunday, Apr. 11 at 1 p.m.
TICKETING, MASKING & CAPACITY
The UCF Soccer Complex will allow 25 percent of total fan capacity at home matches this season. No ticket is required for entry as matches are free to attend. Masks are required and must be worn while in the venue and on campus.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Women's Soccer on social media on Facebook (/UCFWSoccer), Twitter (@UCF_WSoccer) and Instagram (@UCF.WSoccer)