Orlando, Fla. – The Knights moved to 2-0 on the season with a thrilling win over the Cincinnati Bearcats on Sunday afternoon.
A goal in the 85th minute by Ellie Moreno on an assist from Katie Bradley gave the Knights a 1-0 lead.
"Ellie served a great ball in and Mathilde Kack did a great job of boxing out the goalkeeper, and we took advantage of that opportunity." said women's soccer head coach Tiffany Roberts Sahaydak.
The Moreno goal proved to be all the Knights needed as they would hold on to win 1-0, her first game-winning goal of the season.
Containing the 'Cats
- UCF's backline held strong, assisting Caroline DeLise and the Knights record their second consecutive clean sheet.
- Sunday's clean sheet is the first time the Knights began a season with consecutive shutouts since 2018.
- Kristen Scott created multiple chances with her two shots on net.
- Moreno's goal was her first of the season, and fifth in her career as a Knight.
- The Bearcats only managed one shot of goal and three shots total.
- Caroline DeLisle's one save gave her, her second clean sheet of the year and 12th in her career.
- Bradley's assist was her fourth point on the season.
Thoughts from Head Coach Tiffany Roberts Sahaydak
The Knights start a two-game road trip as they travel to Tulsa to take on the Golden Hurricane on Sunday before traveling to Memphis to face the Tigers the following week.
TICKETING, MASKING & CAPACITY
The UCF Soccer Complex will allow 25 percent of total fan capacity at home matches this season. No ticket is required for entry as matches are free to attend. Masks are required and must be worn while in the venue and on campus.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Women's Soccer on social media on Facebook (/UCFWSoccer), Twitter (@UCF_WSoccer) and Instagram (@UCF.WSoccer)