TULSA – Four Knights scored in double figures as the UCF women's basketball team earned a 53-42 win over Tulsa in the Reynolds Center on Saturday afternoon.
UCF (4-1, 2-0 The American) rallied from an early deficit to earn its sixth straight win over Tulsa (1-1, 0-1 The American). The Golden Hurricane led by as many as nine points, 15-6, in the first quarter. The Knights responded to cut the deficit to four, 17-13, at the end of the first frame and opened the second quarter on a 5-0 spurt to take their first lead of the day, 18-17.
The squads kept it close in the second period before a three-pointer from Asia Todd put the Black and Gold ahead 23-21 at the break.
The Knights maintained their lead in the third quarter, going up by as many as seven points on a three-point play from Todd, and led 37-32 heading into the final frame.
The Golden Hurricane cut UCF's lead to three, 42-39, midway through the fourth quarter. An 11-1 run - that included five points from Courtajia Sanders - over the next four minutes gave the Black and Gold a 13-point advantage in the final minute of the game.
Diamond Battles led all scorers with 12 points and dished out six assists. Masseny Kaba recorded her first double-double of the season and the third of her career with 10 points and a season-high 13 rebounds. Courtajia Sanders added 11 points and Asia Todd chipped in a season-high 10 points.
- UCF earned its sixth straight win over Tulsa and improved to 6-5 all-time against the Golden Hurricane in Tulsa.
- The Knights held the advantage on boards, 42-30, including 15 offensive rebounds which led to 11 second chance points.
- The Black and Gold scored 32 of their 53 points in the paint.
- The UCF defense stepped up, limiting Tulsa to 30.2 percent shooting from the floor, and 14.3 percent from beyond the arc.
- The Knights held Tulsa to just four points in the second quarter.
UCF returns to Addition Financial Arena to host Memphis on Dec. 30 at 5 p.m.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Gameday app right to your iOS or Android phone. The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news. Click here to download the app now.