ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFKnighs.com) – After a successful first road trip, the Knights are return to John Euliano Park to host four games in three days against Cal State Northridge beginning on Friday, Feb. 28. CSUN sits a 7-0 on the 2020 campaign after sweeping its first series of the season against San Francisco, besting Washington State in a midweek contest and staying undefeated at the GCU Classic last weekend.
First pitch on Friday is set for 6 p.m., the first game of Saturday's doubleheader will begin at 2 p.m. with the second game starting roughly 45 minutes after the conclusion of game one and Sunday is set for a 1 p.m. first pitch.
THE WEEKEND ROTATION
Colton Gordon will receive Friday night starting duties for the third time this season. Gordon has picked up the win in both of his Friday starts, striking out 17 batters in 12.1 innings of work and allowing just two runs.
Trevor Holloway will get his third start of the 2020 campaign as well. Holloway has allowed just one run cross the plate on his watch, tossing 10.0 innings and striking out 18 batters on his way to earning two wins.
Hunter Patteson is slated to start game two of the double header, the same role he took in the first double header of the season. Patteson carries a 3.24 ERA into the contest, tossing 8.1 innings with one win on the season.
Joe Sheridan returns to start a game at John Euliano Park for the second time this season, his third total start in 2020. Last time out at Auburn, Seridan picked up his first victory since March 23, 2018 against No. 23 East Carolina.
GAME 1 – Friday, 6 PM | UCFKnights.TV
Colton Gordon, LHP vs. Blake Sodersten, RHP
GAME 2 – Saturday, 2 PM | UCFKnights.TV
Trevor Holloway, RHP vs. Blaine Traxel, RHP
GAME 3 – Saturday, Game 2 | UCFKnights.TV
Hunter Patteson, LHP vs. Gavin Lizik, RHP
GAME 4 – Sunday, 1 PM | UCFKnights.TV
Joe Sheridan, LHP vs. Daniel Vasquez, RHP
- The Black and Gold picked up their first rankings in multiple polls, coming in at No. 17 by the Collegiate Baseball Newspaper, No. 19 by D1Baseball.com, No. 21 from Baseball America and No. 25 by the NWCBA.
- Jordan Rathbone was named American Athletic Conference Player of the Week after his stellar performances against Stetson and Auburn last week, hitting .478 and slugging three homers.
- Jeff Hakanson also picked up an honor roll mention after earning two saves in the series with Auburn.
- This will be the first meeting between the CSUN and UCF baseball programs.
- In the Knights midweek matchup against Bethune-Cookman, the UCF pitching staff combined to toss a one-hitter and earn the first shutout of the season.
On Friday, April 28, the Knights welcome all fans to John Euliano Park FREE of charge on FREE ADMISSION KNIGHT, thanks to our friends at Addition Financial.
- Parking in Garage F will be $10 after 4 p.m. due to an event in the Addition Financial Arena. Fans are encouraged to park in the baseball outfield lot or in lot E8 next to the soccer practice facility, north of Spectrum Stadium.
- The Citronaut drink (Fanta and ice cream) will be making a return to John Euliano Park on Saturdays all season long after its debut in 2019.
- Introduced last season, UCF will expand on Knightro's Kid Zone located on the third base deck behind the visiting team's dugout
DON'T MISS OUT
The UCF baseball team is set for its fourth season under head coach Greg Lovelady and will welcome seven teams from the 2019 NCAA Tournament to John Euliano Park in 2020. Click here or call (407) 823-1000 for ticket information.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Baseball on social media on Facebook (/UCF.Baseball), Twitter (UCF_Baseball) and Instagram (UCF.Baseball).