ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) – The UCF women's soccer team took down the No. 24 South Florida Bulls on Thursday evening at the UCF Soccer Complex to improve to 10-3-4 overall and 5-2-2 in the American Athletic Conference. The win gives the Knights six more points in the War on I-4 and extends the lead in the series to 15-0.
Freshman Ellie Moreno buried what would be the game winner in the 43rd minute of the match, her third of the season, with the help of sophomore Dayana Martin.
Making the Difference
- Coming up big for the Knights in goal, Caroline DeLisle made a season-high 10 saves on a season-high 19 shots faced
- DeLisle's shutout against the Bulls was her ninth of the season. The Knights have only allowed more than one goal a single time this season – in a 2-2 draw against George Mason on Sept. 1
- Dayana Martin's assist on the lone goal was her first of the season
- The Bulls outshot UCF 19-10 and put three more shots on frame than the Knights (10-7)
History with the Bulls
- The Knights victory over USF on Thursday is the 11th win in the all-time series with the Bulls, who are ranked No. 24 in the United Coaches Poll
- With the 1-0 victory, the Knights shutout South Florida for the sixth time in the history of the two programs.
Talkin' with Tiff
UCF returns to the UCF Soccer Complex for the First Round of the American Athletic Conference Tournament this Sunday, at 1 p.m. as the Knights will host the No. 6 seed Houston in the tournament.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Women's Soccer on social media on Facebook (/UCFWSoccer), Twitter (@UCF_WSoccer) and Instagram (@UCF.WSoccer)