UCF at SMU
8 p.m. | Thursday, Oct. 3 | Dallas, Texas
Live Stats | Watch LiveDALLAS, Texas. (UCFKnights.com) – The UCF women's soccer team (6-2-2, 1-1 AAC) will travel to Texas this week to continue American Athletic Conference to take on No. 22 SMU (7-1-1, 0-0 AAC) on Thursday evening. The Mustangs are currently riding a five-game unbeaten streak, after tying with No. 25 Oklahoma State the last time out.
The Black and Gold
- For the fourth week in a row, the UCF squad is receiving votes in the United Soccer Coaches top 25 poll.
- The Knights earned their first win in The American last weekend, defeating Tulsa by a score of 3-0 at the UCF Soccer Complex.
- In the last two matches, the Black and Gold have earned 15 corner kicks while only allowing a single corner against Memphis.
- Zandy Soree leads the Knights offensive production, scoring five goals with one assist for 11 total points on the season. Sophomore Kristen Scott is right on her tail with five goals of her own thus far.
- Goalkeeper Caroline DeLisle has played every minute for the Knights this season and has collected four shutouts.
- Spending two weeks in the United Soccer Coaches poll, the SMU Mustangs come into Thursday's matchup at No. 22.
- The Mustangs have only allowed one first-half goal all season, and they have shutout five of their opponents this season.
- Outshooting their opponents 160-75, the Mustangs have scored 24 goals on the season and only allowed six.
- Senior Allie Thornton leads SMU with nine goals on the year – four of which have been game-winners for the Mustangs.
- The matchup between SMU and UCF will be the Mustangs first AAC match of the season, and the most recent meeting between the two programs saw SMU take a 1-0 victory in Orlando.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Women's Soccer on social media on Facebook (/UCFWSoccer), Twitter (@UCF_WSoccer) and Instagram (@UCF.WSoccer)