IRVINE, Calif. (UCFKnights.com) – It took an extra nine minutes of play, but the UCF women's soccer team (5-1-2) extended their unbeaten streak this afternoon at UC Irvine (1-8) as they closed out non-conference play with a 1-0 overtime thriller.
The match remained scoreless in regulation, forcing the match into golden-goal OT. In the ninth minute of the first OT period, Kristen Scott sent the Knights home with the game-ending goal – collecting the rebound after the Irvine keeper made the save on an Elise Legrout shot and volleying it into the back of the net.
Hear from Head Coach Tiffany Roberts Sahaydak
Overtime in Irvine
- With her OT goal, Kristen Scott now has five goals on the year, the most of any Knight.
- Despite needing extra time to find the winning goal, UCF outshot the Anteaters 13 to seven.
- The Knights didn't allow a single shot against them in OT, despite taking three shots on goal.
- The Black and Gold saw 17 players take the pitch in the match, with seven of them contributing to the 13 shots.
- Caroline DeLisle made three saves in her third clean sheet of the season.
- The Knights have won five games in-a-row during their seven-game unbeaten streak.
Returning to the UCF Soccer Complex, the Knights will host Memphis for their first American Athletic Conference matchup on Thursday, Sept. 26 at 6 p.m. They will continue conference play in Orlando against Tulsa on Sunday, Sept. at 1 p.m.
DON'T MISS OUT
The UCF women's soccer team is in its seventh season under head coach Tiffany Roberts Sahaydak. Click here or call (407) 823-1000 for ticket information.