ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) – Hosting the Stetson Hatters (2-5-0) at the UCF Soccer Complex, the UCF women's soccer team (3-1-2) has extended it's unbeaten streak to five games and it's winning streak to three on Sunday evening.
The Black and Gold commanded the game against Stetson with a 5-0 victory that saw four Knights net goals. UCF struck first as Zandy Soree stepped up to take the second penalty kick of the match to open the scoring.
The Knights never let up, seeing Kristen Scott slot her fourth goal of the season, and Soree place another penalty kick passed the Stetson keeper. Two members of the UCF squad also found their first goals as Knights in the onslaught of shots.
Handling the Hatters
- The Knights five-game unbeaten streak is the longest since the 2017 season that saw UCF squad go 16 games unbeaten with 14 wins, before losing in the NCAA tournament.
- Sophomore forward Kristen Scott has now put away a goal in four consecutive matches and leads the Knights with four goals.
- Talia Gabarra, a freshman forward, netted her first collegiate goal before feeding a ball over the top for Mallory Olsson to earn her first collegiate assist.
- Stepping up to take two penalty kicks, Zandy Soree netted two goals against the Hatters. Soree also scored in the last home match against Arizona State on Thursday.
- With the help of a strong defensive front, Caroline DeLisle has now picked up the second clean sheet of her career.
- UCF saw 25 different players get minutes in the match with the Hatters.
Thoughts with Head Coach Tiffany Roberts Sahaydak
This week the Knights will travel west to California. First, UCF will match up with Long Beach State on Thursday, Sept. 19 and continue the trip to visit UC Irvine four days late on Sunday, Sept. 23. Long Beach is currently 2-5 on the season, and UC Irvine sits at 1-7.
DON'T MISS OUT
The UCF women's soccer team is in its seventh season under head coach Tiffany Roberts Sahaydak. Click here or call (407) 823-1000 for ticket information.