ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) – The UCF women’s soccer team is headed to face No. 15/18 Memphis, a squad that sits at the top of the American Athletic Conference on Thursday.
UCF (6-4-1, 2-1 The American) will face the Tigers (12-1, 4-0 The American) in an 8 p.m. ET contest at the Mike Rose Soccer Complex.
- UCF rallied from a 1-0 deficit to earn a 2-1 double overtime victory over Cincinnati at the UCF Soccer Complex on Oct. 7.
- Stefanie Sanders contributed to both of UCF’s goals in the win over the Bearcats to push her team lead to 22 total points this season, with a team-high nine goals.
- Zandy Soree is second for the Knights with six goals and 14 total points on the season.
- After recording three assists, Dina Orschmann on her first goal of the season in the win at UConn.
- Kristen Scott has three goals in 2018, while Konya Plummer tallied her first goal as a Knight in the draw at Maryland and Jessica Taylor notched her first marker at Temple.
- Vera Varis has started each match for the Knights, making 34 saves with a 1.35 goals-against average in 2018.
All Tied Up
- UCF and Memphis will face off for the 20th time on the pitch.
- Each team has earned a nine of victories in the all-time series, and one matches has ended in a draw.
- The Knights hold the momentum in the series, winning six of the last seven meetings.
- The Knights won both meetings against the Tigers last season, including a 5-0 regular season victory and a 3-0 win in the semifinals of The American Championship.
Scouting the Tigers
- Memphis is the only undefeated team in league play, entering Thursday’s match with a 12-1 overall mark and an unblemished 4-0 record in conference action.
- The Tigers moved up to No. 15 in the United Soccer Coaches poll this week and are No. 18 in the TopDrawer rankings.
- Memphis is outscoring its opponents 37-7, with 12 different Tigers registering at least one goal this season. The Tigers are the second-ranked scoring offense (2.85) in the nation, just behind USF (3.30)
- Samantha Murphy has nine goals for Memphis this season, followed by Clarssa Larisey’s eight markers.
- Elizabeth Moberg has been the lone Tiger in goal, making 26 saves with a 0.53 goals-against average.
The Knights continue their league road trip on Oct. 14, heading to Tulsa for a 2 p.m. ET contest.
DON'T MISS OUT
The UCF women's soccer team in its sixth season under head coach Tiffany Roberts Sahaydak. Click here or call (407) 823-1000 for ticket information.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.