Nov. 13, 2010
="" alt="Knight Head" border="0" class="imported"> Read John Denton's Knights Insider | ="" alt="Twitter Logo" border="0" class="imported">Follow us on Twitter | ="" alt="Facebook Logo" border="0" class="imported">Get social with the Knights on Facebook
By Leigh Torbin
* UCF stands at 7-3 on the year for the third time in the past six seasons, joining the 2005 and 2007 squads.
* The Knights can clinch the 2010 C-USA East Division championship with wins over both Tulane and Memphis.
* Today was the first time that UCF had a 100-yard rusher and a 100-yard receiver in the same game since Oct. 6, 2007 at East Carolina when Kevin Smith ran for 147 and Kamar Aiken had 122 receiving.
* UCF's defense has held each of its 10 opponents this year below their respective season scoring averages entering the contest.
* The Knights dip to 18-8 all-time at Bright House Networks Stadium. Southern Miss is the first visiting team to win twice here.
* The loss snaps an 11-game winning streak in C-USA play which ranked as the third longest in league history and was previously the third longest in the nation.
* Today's game marked just the second time in the past 44 games that UCF has scored at least 20 points and lost the game.
* By not scoring in the second quarter, UCF snapped a string of 22 consecutive quarters scoring dating back to the third quarter at Kansas State on Sept. 25.
* When Southern Miss scored to go up 17-14 in the second quarter, it marked the first time that UCF trailed at home since Sept. 11 vs. NC State.
* UCF's 99-yard touchdown drive obviously ties the school and NCAA record. The last was Nov. 3, 2007 against Marshall when Kevin Smith's 87-yard touchdown run capped a three-play, 99-yard march.
* UCF has now scored first in nine out of 10 games this year with the exception being on Sept. 11 vs. NC State.
* Jamar Newsome hit the century mark for receiving yards today for the second week in a row and the second time in his career. He is the first Knight with consecutive 100-yard receiving games since Rocky Ross on Nov. 11 and 18, 2006 (135 vs. Memphis and 124 vs. Tulane). He is the first Knight since Kamar Aiken in 2007 to have a pair of 100-yard receiving games in the same season overall.
* Brian Watters made his 100th career reception late in the third quarter.
* Josh Robinson made his first interception of the season today. He had six last fall and lead the Knights so far this year with 10 pass break ups, including one on the play before the interception.
* Ronnie Weaver went over the 100-yard rushing plateau for the fourth time in seven games, alternating over and under 100-yard efforts.
* Senior Chance Henderson made his second start of the year today and the 28th of his career. His 14 tackles were a career-high as were his 13 solo tackles.