Nov. 28, 2009
UCF 34, UAB 27
Birmingham, Ala. - Nov. 28, 2009
- UCF (8-4) ties for the sixth-winningest season in school history. The Knights won 10 games in 1990 and 2007. UCF won nine in 1987, 1993 and 1998. The Knights previously won eight games in 2005.
- The Knights have now scored in 11 consecutive quarters, a feat it last accomplished from Oct. 13-Nov. 3, 2007.
- UCF has now won six-consecutive conference games, tying its 2007 school record. The last time a C-USA team started 0-2 in league play and ended up 6-2 was the 2006 Rice Owls.
- UCF is 18-1 in its last 33 games when scoring at least 20 points.
- UCF now leads the all-time series vs. UAB 6-1 including a 4-0 mark at Legion Field.
- Ten different Knights caught a pass today, a season-high for a game. The last time UCF had at least double-digit players record a reception was when it had 10 players haul in a pass against Miami (Ohio) Nov. 28, 2003.
- With his second quarter TD grab, Billy Giovanetti became the eighth different Knight to catch a TD pass this year. That ties for the most since 10 different UCF players caught a TD in 2002.
- Today's game marked the fourth time this year that UCF has scored a touchdown on its opening drive and the second game in a row which it has done so.
- The Knights did not punt until the fourth quarter.
- UCF was not penalized until the final minutes of the game. The Knights entered the game ranked second in the nation in fewest penalties (4.18 per game) behind only Navy.
- The Knights led at halftime for just the third time this year. The Knights are 3-0 in those rare games.
- UCF has scored at least 30 points in a game five times this year after doing so just twice last year.
- Josh Robinson's third quarter interception was his sixth of the season, moving him into a tie for second in UCF history for a single season and giving him sole possession of the UCF freshman record. Robinson entered the game tied for the national lead for freshmen and first amongst true freshmen.
- Jonathan Davis' second quarter TD run was the third of his true freshman season. His 45-yard fourth quarter rush was a career-long.
- Billy Giovanetti's second quarter touchdown catch was the first of his career.
- Brynn Harvey eclipsed the 1,000-yard plateau on the season today. It is the eighth time that the Knights have had a 1,000-yard rusher and the fourth in the FBS era (since 1996). He went over 100 yards today for the third game in a row and the fifth time this season. His third quarter TD was his 14th of the year, tying him with Marquette Smith (1995) for second in school history behind only Kevin Smith's 29 in 2007.
- Rocky Ross moved into seventh place on UCF's career reception chart today and 10th place in career receiving yardage.
- Kamar Aiken's first quarter touchdown was his seventh of the year, tying for the most by a Knight since Mike Sims-Walker had seven in 2006
- Brett Hodges now has 15 touchdown passes this year, tying for the most since Steven Moffett's 22 in 2005.