Campus parking lots open at the following times on game days:
Baseball Lot, Softball Lot; Lots E1-E8 and Garage F (Kenneth G. Dixon Athletics Village - Gold Zone permit required):
- 8 a.m. for all Saturday games
- 2p.m. for the Kent State game on Thursday, August 31st
All other campus lots :
- Six hours before kickoff, but no earlier than 8 a.m., for all Saturday games
- 3:30 p.m. for the Kent State game on Thursday, August 31st
Open container waiver
The open container waiver allowing the consumption of alcoholic beverages by fans 21 and older on game days will be in effect starting when the “other campus lots” open and will end at the published kickoff time for the game.
Other tailgating policies
To protect our environment and our beautiful campus, we ask all fans to please put recyclables and trash in the containers we provide throughout the campus.
We expect all fans to celebrate responsibly and adhere to the following rules while on campus. Failure to abide by these rules may, among other consequences, result in removal from campus, loss of season-ticket privileges, student disciplinary action or arrest.
All fans are expected to be respectful to university property and all of the fans around them. Drunkenness, vandalism, obscene or harassing behavior and violence (or threats of violence) will not be tolerated and should be reported to the nearest law enforcement official.
No tailgating is allowed in any parking garage or campus roadway. In parking lots, tailgating shall be confined to the area immediately behind your vehicle and shall not impede traffic flow or parking spaces for other vehicles.
The unlawful possession, distribution or use of any drug or controlled substance is prohibited on the UCF campus. Violators of this policy shall be subject to state and federal laws, city and county ordinances and university disciplinary action.
The following are prohibited at all times:
- Rapid, excessive or irresponsible consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Drinking contests or games or any other activities that involve the rapid and/or excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages
- No tow-behind trailers longer than 10 feet are allowed in non-RV parking lots. In addition, all vehicles and other tailgating items must fit within allotted parking space. Trailer, tents, etc. may not protrude into adjacent parking spaces.
- Propane cooking grills are highly recommended for tailgating. If using charcoal, carefully dispose of hot coals in designated barrels. All open-flame cooking appliances must be a minimum of 10 feet away from any building, structure or overhang.
- Portable generators (1500 watts or less) are authorized in designated surface parking lots and tailgating areas.
- Personal tents/canopies must be 10 feet x 10 feet or smaller and are only allowed directly behind the tailgating spot being used. Tents/canopies may not be set up in an adjacent tailgating spot.
- Couches and indoor furniture are not permitted outdoors.
- Kegs, glass containers and beer funnels are not authorized on campus.
- No live bands; excessively loud, amplified sound systems; DJ equipment; and turntables are allowed on campus without prior permission from the university.
- Sidewalks must be kept clear of tents, grills, furniture, speakers and other tailgating items at all times. For the safety of fans, power or extension cords cannot run across sidewalks.
- Animals, except for service animals, are not allowed on campus on game day. Anyone who brings an animal that is not a service animal will be asked to take it home.
All tailgating spaces on Memory Mall once again will be reserved for UCF students and alumni.
Reservations for each home game will open at 6 p.m. on the Sunday evening before the game.
Gemini Boulevard North between East Plaza and West Plaza drives will be closed to vehicular traffic prior to and during tailgating each game day. Memory Mall tailgaters who wish to drop off their tailgating gear in that area can do so by the barricades on either side. The road will be reopened at the discretion of law enforcement following the conclusion of tailgating .