April 29, 2014
By Dan Forcella
+ Game Notes
ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) - The UCF baseball team will aim to sweep its mid-week series with in-state foe North Florida when the Ospreys make the trip down to Orlando for a 6:30 p.m. tilt against the No. 18 Knights Wednesday night at Jay Bergman Field.
Wednesday will serve as another Dollar Dog Knight for fans as they can enjoy $1 hot dogs all game long. To purchase individual game tickets for Wednesday, Click Here: http://ucfknights.co/BASEtix.
UCF is coming off of its seventh straight weekend series victory, completing the sweep of Rutgers at home on Sunday. The Knights (28-16, 15-3 The American) are now two-and-a-half games up on second-place Louisville in the league standings.
Having moved into the national rankings after taking two out of three from then No. 9 Louisville the previous weekend, UCF moved up to 18th in the nation by Collegiate Baseball Newspaper on Monday. The Knights also appeared at 23rd in Baseball America's poll, and were ranked in 30th in the NCBWA poll.
UCF and UNF squared off earlier in 2014 when the Knights prevailed 8-4 back on April 1 in Jacksonville. Redshirt-sophomore Ryan Meyer made his first career start, allowing just three hits in 4.2 innings, while junior Jordan Savinon went for four out of the Knights 16 hits in the victory.
North Florida (19-24) will come to Orlando after a visit to USF Tuesday night. The Ospreys are just 4-12 on the road coming into the mid-week, but recently took two-out-of-three against Stetson in Jacksonville.
UNF's starting pitcher for Wednesday has yet to be announced, while UCF will go with junior right-hander Tanner Olson. Olson is 3-2 with a 4.39 ERA on the season. He has made 11 appearances and seven starts for the Knights.
Trending Topics @UCF_Baseball
* This is the 16th all-time meeting between UCF & North Florida as the Ospreys hold an 8-7 advantage #TieThingsUp
* The Knights defeated UNF 8-4 back on April 1 of this season behind four hits from Jordan Savinon #AimingToSweep
* UCF sits on top of The American standings and are 15-3 in league play, 2.5 games ahead of second place #KingofTheCastle
* The Knights moved up to 18th in the Collegiate Baseball Newspaper poll, while appearing at 23 and 30 in Baseball America and NCBWA polls #ClimbTheCharts
* UCF has won seven-consecutive weekend series and is 21-5 in its last 26 games #StartingToComeTogetherPepper
* The Knights are one of just four BCS teams in the nation to win every conference series this season #TakingCareOfBusiness
* Eric Skoglund leads The American with 70 strikeouts and has earned Pitcher of the Week honors four times this season #AceOfSpades
* Skoglund picked up his third complete game of the season on Friday, the first Knight to throw three CGs in a season since 2005 #HeCanGoTheDistance
* The Knights are 26-8 when CF Derrick Salberg starts this season #TheCatalyst
* SS Tommy Williams is the only play in the nation with at least 10 home runs and 12 stolen bases #PowerSpeedCombo
* 2B Dylan Moore is currently tied for the lead in The American with 59 hits and has racked up a team-best 21 multi-hit games this season #StartsAtTheTop