March 25, 2014
By Andrew Jennette
ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) - Riding a four-game winning streak, the UCF baseball team will continue its seven-game homestand on Wednesday at the baseball complex when it battles in-state rival Bethune-Cookman. Wednesday night's matchup with the Wildcats will serve as the second "Dollar Dog Knight" of 2014. Fans in attendance can enjoy $1 hot dogs all game long.
To purchase individual game tickets for Wednesday's showdown click here: http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/1208324?brand=ucf. All the action can be seen and heard on UCF All-Access. Bryan Levine will be on the call with pregame beginning at 6:15 p.m.
The Wildcats come into the contest with a 13-12 record after dropping two-of-three at home to Central Connecticut State last weekend. BC-U did win this season's previous matchup, 5-2, against UCF on March 4.
On the mound for the Knights (13-12, 3-0 The American) will be sophomore RHP Tyler Martin (0-2, 1.04 ERA). The Jacksonville native will make his second midweek start and eighth appearance overall. He will be opposed by freshman LHP Riley O'Brien who has yet to record a decision in seven relief appearances.
In the series sweep last weekend over Cincinnati, junior Sam Tolleson was named the American Athletic Conference Hitter of the Week after hitting .571 (8-for-14) on the week by recording hits in all four UCF victories, including two three-hit games to raise his batting average 67 points to a .344 clip, which ranks sixth in the league. The junior slugged 1.000 for the week, striking three doubles and a home run, scoring six runs along and driving in a pair.
Tolleson (two) joined teammate Tommy Williams (six) as the only Knights to hit multiple home runs this season.
Trending Topics: @UCF_Baseball
* This is the 90th all-time meeting between UCF and Bethune-Cookman in baseball #OldRivals
* Wednesday's contest also marks the second Dollar Dog Knight of 2014 as fan can enjoy $1 hot dogs all evening #NomNomNom
* UCF is riding a season-high, four-game winning streak and has won six of its last seven games #StartingToComeTogether
* Eric Skoglund was named The American Pitcher of the Week for the 2nd-straight week after tossing a two-hitter against Cincy #FridayAce
* DH Sam Tolleson hit .571 last week was named Beast of the Week and American Hitter of the Week for his efforts #SteppingUp
* SS Tommy Williams currently leads The American with six home runs #PowerSurge
* After sweeping Cincinnati last weekend, UCF also swept the weekly league awards for the first time since 2004 #Brooms
* RHP Jarrod Petree has rebounded from Tommy John and has spun six-consecutive scoreless outings #DontCallItAComeback
* OF Erik Barber leads the team with 24 RBIs after recording just 9 RBIs the first two years of his career #ComingIntoHisOwn
* Freshman Trent Thompson leads the team with 13 appearances and two saves #ClosingTime