May 13, 2013
By Eric DeSalvo
ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFAthletics.com) - The UCF baseball team will embark on its final regular season road trip beginning Tuesday as it heads to Boca Raton to take on Florida Atlantic at 6:30 p.m. It will be the final midweek contest for the Knights (28-24) in 2013.
All of the action from FAU Baseball Stadium can be heard free of charge on Stretch Internet radio with pregame starting at 6:15 p.m.
UCF will look to avenge a 10-2 loss to the Owls (31-20) in Orlando on April 16 tomorrow night with LHP Eric Skoglund (1-3, 4.81 ERA) slated to make his 10th start of the season. He will go head-to-head with FAU's RHP Jake Meiers (4-3. 5.12), whom the Knights got the best of in last year's trip to South Florida in an 11-3 victory.
Following the in-state contest with FAU, the Knights will travel to Greenville, N.C., for their final weekend series in Conference USA against East Carolina. Beginning Thursday, the two teams will square off in an ultra-tight battle in the league standings that has UCF currently in a tie for third with the Pirates. The 11 a.m. Saturday series finale will air live nationwide on Fox Sports Net.
Trending Topics: @UCF_Baseball
* On Sunday, #UCF had all seven runs driven in, and the victory on the mound, by the class of 2013 #SeniorSendoff
* With 268-career hits, 3B/C Chris Taladay is in sole possession of No. 6 on the #UCF all-time hit list #SprayChart
* Taladay's 20-game hit streak, which ranked 4th all-time at #UCF, came to an end, but he currently owns an 8-game streak #Clutch
* Speaking of Taladay, he has reached safely in 33 straight games, the 11th-longest active streak in the nation this year #SafeAndSound
* OF Erik Hempe assaulted the ball last weekend, smacking a home run in each game against Tulane & now owns 7 in 2013 #ADIOS
* RHP Ben Lively owns @ConferenceUSA1's lowest ERA by a starter & has struck out nine or more batters five times in 2013 #AceOfSpades
* LHP Brian Adkins tossed his 4th straight quality start, going 6.0 IP on Senior Day in the final home start of his career #CraftyVet
* Rookie RHP Zac Favre is tied for 4th at UCF with his 29 appearances on the mound in 2013 with the season record at 34 #ArmOfSteel
* #UCF has had a knack for scoring late in ball games by totaling 46 8th-inning runs, the most of any frame in 2013 #WinTheLast3