May 7, 2013
By Eric DeSalvo
ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFAthletics.com) - The stretch run is upon the UCF baseball team as it hosts its final week of games at the baseball complex this season starting Wednesday night with the series finale against Bethune-Cookman. The rubber match is slated to begin at 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday will also be the last Dollar Knight at the ballpark with $1 hot dogs and 12oz. Coke products all night long. The final midweek home game will also air on 740-AM The Game with Marc Daniels on the call beginning at 6:15 p.m. with the pregame show.
Meeting for the 88th time, the Knights (26-22) and Wildcats (30-21) have split the first two games in the series this year. On Feb. 27, B-CU got the best of UCF, 6-0, in Daytona Beach while the Knights returned the favor last week, 8-1, in a contest that saw 142 minutes in rain delays prior to completion.
After UCF goes for its 12th win in 13 tries against the Wildcats since 2006, it will faceoff with Tulane for a three-game set beginning Friday night at 6:30 p.m. In the Sunday finale, 12 members of the 2013 squad will be honored on Senior Day prior to first pitch at 1 p.m.
Trending Topics: @UCF_Baseball
* Dating back to 2006, #UCF has won 11 of its last 12 games against B-CU in the in-state series #NotTooShabby
* With 261-career hits, 3B/C Chris Taladay is in sole possession of No. 6 on the #UCF all-time hit list #PutItInPlay
* Taladay's 20-game hit streak, which ranked 4th all-time at #UCF, came to an end, but he has reached safely in all but 3 games #Clutch
* Speaking of Taladay, the Windermere native has reached safely in 29 straight games, the 12th-longest in the nation this year #SafeAndSound
* RHP Ben Lively owns an ERA of 1.26, and is on pace to shatter the lowest ERA by a #UCF starter in school history #JustinPopeTerritory
* LHP Brian Adkins tossed his 3rd straight quality start, going 7.1 IP at #8 FSU and now has gone 20.1 IP with just 2 earned runs #CraftyVet
* Rookie RHP Zac Favre is tied for 8th at UCF with his 27 appearances on the mound in 2013 with the season record at 34 #JasonSchlutt1993
* #UCF has had a knack for scoring late in ball games by totaling 44 8th-inning runs, the most of any frame in 2013 WinTheLast3
Single-game tickets can be purchased by calling 407-UCF-1000 or visit the baseball tickets page. Stay up-to-date on all the latest news by visiting UCFAthletics.com and following the team on Twitter (@UCF_Baseball) and Facebook.