March 11, 2013
By Eric DeSalvo
ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFAthletics.com) - After a ninth-inning win on Sunday in Jacksonville, the UCF baseball team returns home for its busiest stretch of the 2013 regular season with six games in seven days beginning with Florida A&M on Tuesday and Wednesday at 6:30 p.m.
Both contests against the Rattlers (1-15) will be Dollar Knights at the UCF baseball complex with $1 hot dogs and Coke products all game long.
On the mound in the two-game set with FAMU will be lefties Brian Adkins and Eric Skoglund. Each southpaw will be looking for his first win of the season against a team that the Knights (9-7) are 15-2-1 all-time against.
Last weekend, UCF was able to capture its third weekend series of the season by taking Saturday and Sunday's contests against JU. Freshman Bo Decker lifted the Knights' offense on Saturday with a key two-run single for his first-career hit, while fellow rookie RHP Zac Favre went three innings for his first win as a Knight in the 6-4 victory on Sunday.
Trending Topics: @UCF_Baseball
* Catcher Ryan Breen was named to the Johnny Bench Award Initial Watch List on Monday #InGoodCompany
* At home in March, UCF is now 38-25 under @HCTerryRooney, including 26-9 over the past three seasons #MoreThanLuck
*Second baseman Austin Johnston became the fifth Knight to homer in 2013 when he sent a solo shot out of the park at Jacksonville #AddedPop
* With 220-career hits, 3B Chris Taladay is just 5 base knocks from cracking the all-time top 10 at UCF #ClutchIsHisName
* RHP Ben Lively is now 7-1 since April 20, 2012 after eight innings with 11 Ks most recently against JU #InTheZone
* In that timespan for Lively, he owns a 1.28 ERA in 63.2 innings of work with 59 strikeouts #AceHighFlush
* So far in 2013, #UCF has had three wins come when trailing or tied in the eighth or ninth inning #SoMuchDramaInThe407
Season tickets can be purchased by calling 407-UCF-1000 or visit the baseball tickets page. Stay up-to-date on all the latest news by visiting UCFAthletics.com and following the team on Twitter (@UCF_Baseball) and Facebook.