ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) - Junior lefty Harrison Hukari provided UCF with 6 2/3 innings of scoreless relief, but the Knights were unable to recover from a six-run third inning in a 6-4 loss to conference-rival USF on Friday afternoon at the UCF Baseball Complex.
UCF (18-18, 3-4 The American) was paced by junior shortstop Kam Gellinger, who went 3-for-4 with a pair of doubles, against USF (17-17, 3-4 The American).
Outstanding Out of the Pen
- Senior lefty Harrison Hukari tossed 6 2/3 innings of scoreless relief for the Knights.
- The St. Petersburg, Fla., native tallied seven strikeouts.
- The Bulls only registered a pair of base hits over the stretch.
HC Terry Rooney
- After USF took a 6-2 lead in the third inning, the Knights scored single runs in the third and fifth frames.
- Kam Gellinger hit the first of his two doubles to bring home Matt Diorio in the third inning, 6-3.
- Gellinger started off the sixth frame with a two-bagger to left center and came around to score on a base hit by Matthew Mika, 6-4.
Vazquez Blasts Off
- Eugene Vazquez connected on a two-run homer to put the Knights on the board, 2-0, during the second inning.
- It was the first round tripper of the season for the Orlando, Fla., native.
- He also came around to score the Knights' fourth run.
The series between the Knights and Bulls continues on Saturday at noon and is a part of the #UCFastival. The finale on Sunday between the two squads begins at 1 p.m.
Fans can purchase a VIP Bundle for the #UCFastival for $150 that includes two general admission tickets to any UCF vs. USF baseball game, two VIP Hospitality Tent passes and one Citronaut Bobblehead.
Another way to receive a Citronaut Bobblehead is to pick up the $88 Baseball Bundle that features eight general admission tickets to be used at any game in April.