Last Time Out
- The Knights secured three more points in the War on I4 series as they swept USF 3-0 (25-21, 25-20, 26-24) on Wednesday evening.
- Sophomore Jordan Pingel recorded her 1,000th career dig in the victory. The Colorado Springs, Colo., native made 13 digs in the match. The libero sits at 436 digs on the season.
- Freshman Jeanne Westney ranks second in the conference in total blocks (101). The Washington, D.C., native is nationally ranked in solo blocks (T22) and total blocks (72). Her 21 solo blocks lead The American.
- As a team, the Knights are nationally ranked in the top 50 in eight categories. UCF is ranked 14th in team assists (1,256), 17th in kills per set (14.24), 18th in assists per set (13.36) and 19th in total kills (1,339). The Knights rank 24th in digs per set (16.81), 36th in team attacks per set (37.07), 44th in team digs (1,580) and 47th in match win-loss percentage (.731).
Scouting the Tigers
- Memphis defeated USF 3-2 (21-25, 25-23, 25-23, 24-26, 15-8) on Friday evening.
- Earlier this season, the Knights swept the Tigers 3-0 (25-15, 25-19, 25-17) in the opening weekend of American Athletic Conference competition.
- Memphis went 0-2 last week, dropping a close five-set match to Temple, before falling to UConn.
- Caitlin Lilly leads the team with 246 kills. Regan Comperry sits at the top of the assists column with 572 and a team-leading 29 aces.
- Summer Morgan paces the team with 87 total blocks (10 solo, 77 assists).
- Three players have recorded more than 200 digs this season. Mady Ruhlman has 264, followed by Lilly with 238. Michella Moss rounds out the group with 229.
"Every year Memphis is one of the late, hard-charging teams," head coach Todd Dagenais said. "April does a great job of figuring out who on her team is best at the jobs that they do, and puts them in the right place. This year is no exception, especially when you take a look at the result from (Friday night's) match against USF. There is something mystical about playing in the Elma Roane Fieldhouse where UCF and Memphis have battled for a long time."
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
Season and single game tickets are on sale now. Season tickets are available starting at $15, and single game tickets start at just $4. Click here more information, or call 407-UCF-1000.