March 3, 2014
By Andrew Jennette
ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) - For the 89th time in program history, the UCF baseball team will take on in-state rival Bethune-Cookman when the Knights travel 56 miles to Jackie Robinson Park in Daytona Beach on Tuesday night. First pitch is slated for 6 p.m.
The Knights (6-5) will then host Michigan on the following evening at the UCF Baseball Complex at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday night's matchup with the Wolverines (2-8-1) will serve as the first "Dollar Dog Knight" of 2014. Fans in attendance can enjoy $1 hot dogs all game long. To purchase individual game tickets for Wednesday's contest click here: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/22004C2DE764926D?brand=ucf
Pitching matchups for both games are still to-be-determined.
The Knights come into midweek action looking to rebound from a challenging weekend against Ole Miss that saw the Black and Gold drop two games in walk-off fashion. Junior outfielder Derrick Salberg, who is carrying a six-game hitting streak, leads the team in batting average (.386), runs (14), hits (17) and on-base percentage (.460).
Tuesday's contest versus the Wildcats will be available via UCF All-Access, while Wednesday night's home affair will be broadcast on AM 740 The Game with Marc Daniels on the call.
Trending Topics: @UCF_Baseball
* Now at 88 all-time meetings, the UCF/BC-U series was born in 1974 with the Knights earning the first win, 3-0 #OldFoes
* The Knights will take on their second Big Ten opponent of the year when they battle Michigan #B1GOpportunity
* SS Tommy Williams currently leads the squad with three home runs #PowerSurge
* Junior Eric Skoglund has proven himself as a Friday starter, with a 2.08 ERA and .195 opponents average #AceOfSpades
* OF Derrick Salberg leads UCF with a .386 batting average to go along with 14 runs scored #EnFuego
* Junior pitcher Zach Rodgers has not issued a walk in 13.0 innings pitched #PoundTheZone
* OF Erik Barber leads the team with 11 RBIs in 11 starts. He had 5 RBIs in 17 starts a season ago #ComingIntoHisOwn
* #UCF checked in at No. 35 in the third attendance report of the year, totaling 1,522 fans so far this year #HelloTop35
To purchase season or single-game tickets, visit our Baseball Ticket Central page, or call the UCFAA Sales & Service Office at (407) UCF-1000. Stay up-to-date on all the latest baseball news by visiting UCFKnights.com and by following the team on Twitter @UCF_Baseball, Facebook and Instagram.