HOUSTON, Texas (UCFKnights.com) – In the quarterfinal round of the American Athletic Conference Championship, the No. 5 UCF softball team fell to No. 4 Wichita State, 2-1 Thursday afternoon.
Brooke Barlow came through for the Knights in the fourth inning with her second home run of the season and went 1-for-2 with a walk in the loss.
Alea White received the start in the circle and took the loss making her record 23-14 overall.
UCF moves to 34-21 overall as they are knocked out of the conference championship.
Things You Need to Know
- Barlow’s home run in the fourth inning is her second of the season and her career at UCF.
- In the third inning, Barlow made all three outs then tied the game in the fourth.
- White threw six innings giving up five hits, two runs with four strikeouts.
- Denali Schappacher was the only hitter on either side to record multiple hits in the game.
- Schappacher recorded one stolen base giving her 15 on the season as she leads the Knights.
- UCF finished with six hits, three walks, and four strikeouts against the Shockers.
- Tamesha Glover, Karissa Ornelas, and Cassady Brewer each recorded one hit against the Shockers.
- The Black and Gold loaded the bases twice, once in the first and once in the sixth, but didn’t bring a run home either time. s
- The Knights are now 1-6 all-time against Wichita State.
WSU: 1-0 | 2nd | Three consecutive singles for the Shockers put them on the board first.
UCF: 1-1 | 4th | Barlow hit a solo home run to left center.
WSU: 2-1 | 6th | Neleigh Herring homered to center.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Softball on social media on Facebook (/UCFSoftball), Twitter (UCF_Softball) and Instagram (UCF.Softball).