ORLANDO (UCFKnights.com) – The end of the regular season is near as the UCF softball team travels to Memphis for their final regular season American Athletic Conference series.
The Tigers and Knights will meet for a three-game series with the first game on Friday at 6 p.m., followed by a Saturday afternoon first pitch at 3 p.m., and will conclude on Sunday at 1 p.m.
The game will be streamed live on Memphis Tiger Network and live stats will also be available for all three games.
The Knights will head to Memphis with a 31-20 record overall and 8-10 in The American after defeating North Florida Wednesday night, 6-2.
- Memphis enters the weekend with a 22-29 overall record and 3-14 in conference play.
- The Tigers won their first conference series of the season opening with ECU but have lost every other series.
- Memphis has been swept by Tulsa, Wichita State, Houston, and South Florida.
- In their last seven games, Memphis is 1-6. Their lone win comes against UT Martin after they split the midweek doubleheader.
- In the all-time series between the Knights and the Tigers, UCF holds the advantage, 24-16.
- The Knights won the series in 2018 after dropping the first game to come back with back-to-back wins.
- The two met in the opening round of The American Tournament last season where Memphis shutout UCF, 3-0.
- HONOR ROLLIN’: Damaria Cannon was named to The American Honor Roll after her stellar weekend against Houston. This is Cannon’s first ever honor from the conference as she is just in her rookie season. Cannon batted .500 last week with a pair of doubles. She recorded a pair of two-hit games against Houston while drawing three walks and scoring a pair of runs.
- MIDWEEK RECAP: The Knights won their final home game of the season against the Ospreys Wednesday evening. Breanna Vasquez picked up the win and Alea White came in for the save. UCF collected 11 hits and six runs in the win. The Knights finished 20-13 at the UCF Softball Complex.
- SENIOR SALUTE: The Knights honored their three seniors Sunday recognizing Cassady Brewer, Erin Emanuel, and Brooke Barlow. The three seniors have made an impact on the program since the moment they arrived to UCF and will leave their legacies with UCF Softball.
- STANDINGS: The Knights are currently in fifth place in The American standings, two games back from Houston and Wichita State heading into the final weekend of the regular season. Houston will host ECU (3-15 in conference play) and Wichita State will host first-place USF (16-2) to close out the last weekend of play.
- DOUBLE THE FUN: In the 6-2 win over UNF, the Knights tallied five doubles with Cassady Brewer responsible for two of them. The Knights lead the conference in doubles per game and have a total of 75 on the season. With Brewer’s pair of doubles on Wednesday puts her at 16 for the season, tying the single-season record.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Softball on social media on Facebook (/UCFSoftball), Twitter (UCF_Softball) and Instagram (UCF.Softball).