ORLANDO (UCFKnights.com) – In their final home game of the regular season, UCF ousted North Florida, 6-2 Wednesday evening.
Breanna Vasquez got the start in the circle for the Knights and grabbed the win to improve to 10-7 on the season.
Four different Knights posted at least two hits each in the win for 11 altogether.
The Black and Gold improve to 31-20 on the season as they enter their final series of the regular season.
Things You Need to Know
- Ornelas finished the evening going 2-for-3 with a single, a double, and two RBI. On the season, the rookie is hitting .290 overall and .333 at home.
- Damaria Cannon also put up impressive numbers at the plate going 2-for-2 with a single, a double, two runs scored, and one RBI. In 20 games played, the rookie is hitting .378 with 14 hits.
- In her final home game as a Knight, Cassady Brewer went 2-for-3 with two doubles, one walk, and one RBI.
- With their five doubles in the win, UCF has 75 on the year averaging 1.45 doubles per game.
- Brewer’s pair of doubles ties the single-season doubles record with 16. There are three games left in the regular season.
- Erin Emanuel went 2-for-3 in the win with a triple and two runs scored.
- Tera Testa, Tamesha Glover, and Jazmine Esparza each put up a hit in the win.
- Vasquez tossed 4.1 innings giving up four hits and two runs in the win.
- Alea White picked up the save coming in in the fifth inning, her first of the season. White threw 2.2 innings without giving up a hit or a walk.
- UCF wraps up with a 20-13 record at the UCF Softball Complex hitting .258 with 99 runs, 51 doubles, and over 200 hits.
- The Knights continue the commanding lead against UNF with a 13-5 all-time record.
- Since 2013, every senior class has won their final home game at the UCF Softball Complex.
UCF: 2-0 | 1st | Damaria Cannon led the inning off with a walk and moved around thanks to Denali Schappacher and Jazmine Esparza. Esparza stole second to put both runners in scoring position and Karissa Ornelas doubled to left center to score both runners.
UCF: 3-0 | 3rd | Cannon singled to right field and Cassady Brewer followed with a double down the left field line to put runners in scoring position. Esparza singled to right field to score Cannon.
UCF: 4-0 | 4th | Erin Emanuel led the inning off with a single to right field and advanced to second on a pass ball. Cannon doubled down the left field line to score Emanuel.
UNF: 4-2 | 5th | Goebel homered to left field.
UCF: 6-2 | 6th | Emanuel tripled to right field and Kyra Klarkowski drove Emanuel in with a grounder to the right side of the infield. Tera Testa was in to pinch hit and doubled to right field and Brewer followed with another double to score their final run.
The Knights will head to Memphis for a three-game series with the Tigers for the final regular season conference series of the season.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Softball on social media on Facebook (/UCFSoftball), Twitter (UCF_Softball) and Instagram (UCF.Softball).