ORLANDO (UCFKnights.com) – The UCF softball team will play their final home game of the 2019 season Wednesday afternoon against North Florida at 5 p.m. The contest is rescheduled from the original Feb. 10 date during the Friends of Jaclyn Tournament.
The game will be streamed live on UCFKnights.TV and live stats will also be available.
UCF (30-20; 8-10) will face off with UNF before they head to their final American Athletic Conference series of the regular season.
- UNF enters the weekend with a 23-21 overall record and a 5-12 record in the A-Sun.
- The Ospreys 1-7 in their last eight matchups.
- On the season, the Ospreys are hitting .277 with a .388 slugging percentage and a 2.97 earned run average.
- UNF is sixth in their conference standings, just head of Stetson and Jacksonville, two opponents the Knights and Ospreys have in common.
- The Ospreys lost the series with Jacksonville losing two of the three games and won’t play Stetson until the weekend.
- The Knights have a commanding lead in the all-time record vs UNF with a 12-5 advantage.
- HONOR ROLLIN’: Damaria Cannon was named to The American Honor Roll after her stellar weekend against Houston. This is Cannon’s first ever honor from the conference as she is just in her rookie season. Cannon batted .500 last week with a pair of doubles. She recorded a pair of two-hit games against Houston while drawing three walks and scoring a pair of runs.
- THE LAST TIME…: Last season between UNF and UCF, the Knights traveled to Duuuvalll where they took down the home team, 5-3. Denali Schappacher led the way with three hits and one RBI, while Cassady Brewer, Aubrey Johnson, and Kyra Klarkowski each recorded a hit in the win. Alea White received the win.
- WKND Recap: The Knights hosted Houston in their final home conference series. The Knights dropped the Friday night contest but bounced back on Saturday for a 4-1 win. The Cougars ousted UCF on Sunday to take the series and moved into fourth place in the conference standings.
- SENIOR SALUTE: The Knights honored their three seniors Sunday recognizing Cassady Brewer, Erin Emanuel, and Brooke Barlow. The three seniors have made an impact on the program since the moment they arrived to UCF and will leave their legacies with UCF Softball.
- STANDINGS: The Knights are currently in fifth place in The American standings, two games back from Houston and Wichita State heading into the final weekend of the regular season. Houston will host ECU (3-15 in conference play) and Wichita State will host first-place USF (16-2) to close out the last weekend of play.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Softball on social media on Facebook (/UCFSoftball), Twitter (UCF_Softball) and Instagram (UCF.Softball).