ORLANDO (UCFKnights.com) – The UCF softball team picked up their 30th win of the season Saturday afternoon at the UCF softball Complex with a 4-1 win over Houston. The Knights evened the series with the win and will play for the series win Sunday afternoon.
Alea White earned her 21st win of the year to improve to 21-13 overall and 7-6 in American Athletic Conference play.
Damaria Cannon led the Knights on offense with a pair of singles and a walk for her second-straight two-hit game.
UCF improves to 30-19 overall and 7-8 in The American, while Houston drops to 33-16 overall and 9-7 in conference play.
Things You Need to Know
- Brewer’s two RBI single in the third brought home Brooke Barlow and Erin Emanuel involving all three seniors in one play.
- In her last nine games, Brewer is hitting .423 going 11-for-26 with five multi-hit games.
- In Cannon’s last four games, she is 5-for-9 with a double, two walks, and two runs scored.
- Kendyl Lange added a hit for the Knights with a clutch infield single in the fifth.
- White tossed her 23rd complete game of the season allowing five hits striking out three with no walks.
- White’s earned run average drops to 1.69 after not allowing an earned run in the win. Together, Whit and Breanna Vasquez boast a combined 1.79 ERA, the lowest in The American.
- With the win, the Knights still lead the Cougars, 22-20 all-time.
- UCF is just one game behind Houston in the standings before the rubber match on Sunday.
- On the day, UCF collected four hits, one double, and four walks.
- With their 30th win, the Knights have recorded at least 30 wins seven of the last 10 seasons, including the current season.
UCF: 2-0 | 3rd | Barlow led the inning off with a walk and Emanuel followed by reaching on an error by the shortstop. Damaria Cannon loaded the bases with a single to left field with just one out. Brewer singled to left center to bring home Barlow and Emanuel.
UCF: 4-0 | 5th | Cannon reached on a hit-by-pitch and Lange followed with an infield single. Brewer drew a walk to bring up Kaitlyn Jensen who also drew a walk and Cannon crossed the plate. Klarkowski also drew a walk and Lange came home.
UH: 4-1 | 6th | A hit-by-pitch and a single put two runners on for the Cougars and the two advanced off a throwing error. A ground ball to the right side of the field allowed one run to score.
The final game of the series will be on Sunday at 12 p.m. The team will recognize the seniors after the game.
TICKETS FOR 2019
Fans can purchase tickets for the 2019 UCF softball season by calling (407) 823-1000 or online here.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Softball on social media on Facebook (/UCFSoftball), Twitter (UCF_Softball) and Instagram (UCF.Softball).