ORLANDO (UCFKnights.com) – One inning of work is all it took for Houston to pull away from UCF Friday evening to take game one of the three-game American Athletic Conference series. The Knights drop Friday’s home game, 3-0 to fourth place, Houston.
Breanna Vasquez received the start in the circle taking the loss, while Damaria Cannon led the Knights at the plate with a pair of hits.
UCF drops to 29-19 overall and 7-9 in The American, while Houston improves to 33-15 and 9-6 in conference play.
Things You Need to Know
- Cannon went 2-for-3 in the loss with a leadoff single to start the game making it her first multi-hit game of her collegiate career.
- Vasquez moves to 9-6 on the season giving up nine hits and one earned run, while striking out three.
- Vasquez’s ERA drops to 1.39 on the season and 1.45 in The American.
- Kaitlyn Jensen grabbed the third hit for UCF with a single through the left side. In the last two games, Jensen has started, she has tallied at least one hit.
- Kyra Klarkowski picked up another assist throwing out a runner at home. That is Klarkowski’s fifth assist of the season.
UH: 1-0 | 1st | After a leadoff double Houston advanced the runner to third with a slap to the right side and scored off a sacrifice fly to center. An error at third extending the inning as Houston loaded the bases with a double and a single. A double brought two unearned runs in.
Senior weekend continues against the Cougars on Saturday at 2 p.m.
TICKETS FOR 2019
Fans can purchase tickets for the 2019 UCF softball season by calling (407) 823-1000 or online here.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Softball on social media on Facebook (/UCFSoftball), Twitter (UCF_Softball) and Instagram (UCF.Softball).