TULSA, Okla. (UCFKnights.com) – A seventh inning rally from the Golden Hurricane edged the Knights in a 3-2 victory Friday evening at the Collins Family Softball Complex. With the win, Tulsa secured the series win over UCF.
The Knights were leading, 2-1 heading into the bottom of the seventh, but Tulsa tallied a trio of singles to improve to 30-15 overall and 11-3 in the American Athletic Conference.
UCF moves to 28-16 overall and an even 7-7 in The American.
Things You Need to Know
- Kaitlyn Jensen received her first start at third base this season. She moved over to first base and recorded two putouts and an assist collectively on the day.
- Hayley Bejarano made her first start at first base this season. She recorded two putouts.
- After playing nine games in left field, Aubrey Johnson started at second base for the second time in three games then moved over to shortstop. She had two putouts and two assists on the day.
- In the leadoff spot, Cassady Brewer tallied two hits including a double as she now leads the team with 14 on the season. In conference play, Brewer is hitting above .400 with a slugging percentage over .600.
- Damaria Cannon, Denali Schappacher, Tera Testa, and Savannah Julylia each recorded one hit for the Knights. Schappacher also added a stolen base on the season.
- White moves to 20-11 on the season
TUL: 1-0 | 2nd | Spell homered to center.
UCF: 1-1 | 4th | Karissa Ornelas led off the inning with a single and Kendyl Lange came in to pinch hit. Aubrey Johnson moved Lange over to second with a sacrifice bunt and Damaria Cannon drove Lange in with a double.
UCF: 2-1 | T7th | Savannah Julylia and Cassady Brewer delivered back-to-back singles with one out. Denali Schappacher drew a walk and on the third ball, Tulsa’s pitcher threw a wild pitch and Julylia was able to score.
TUL: 3-2 | B7th | The Golden Hurricane led the inning off with a single to left field and a wild pitch moved the runner over to second. The runner was able to advance to third after a single on the right side. The runner on first stole second to put runners on second and third. A single to right field and an error allowed both runs to score.
The Knights and Golden Hurricane wrap up the series Saturday at 12 p.m. ET.
TICKETS FOR 2019
Fans can purchase tickets for the 2019 UCF softball season by calling (407) 823-1000 or online here.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Softball on social media on Facebook (/UCFSoftball), Twitter (UCF_Softball) and Instagram (UCF.Softball).