ORLANDO (UCFKnights.com) – In a battle in the circle, the Knights went 13 innings with South Florida Friday night in the opening game in the War On I-4 series. UCF lost the battle, 2-0 as the Bulls move into second place in the American Athletic Conference standings.
UCF drops to 28-12 overall and 7-3 in The American, while South Florida improves to 30-15 on the season and 8-2 in conference play.
Alea White took the loss to move to 20-8 overall after putting up a fight on the mound.
On the night, UCF grabbed seven hits, drew one walk, and struck out 10 times.
Things You Need To Know:
- 13 innings is the longest game to be played at the UCF Softball Complex.
- Friday’s game between the Knights and Bulls is the longest game between the teams in series history.
- White tossed all 13 innings throwing 191 pitches giving up eight hits, two runs, and striking out seven.
- Friday’s game was White’s highest number of innings pitched in a single game and most batters she has faced in a game. White faced 49 Bulls’ hitters.
- Tera Testa led the Knights at the plate with a pair of singles.
- Denali Schappacher and Tamesha Glover each recorded six plate appearances.
- The Knights have played two games in seven days that have been 10 innings or more. UCF has lost both games.
- With Tulsa’s doubleheader win over ECU, the Knights fall to third place in The American.
USF: 2-0 | 13th | Keen homered to right field after a one-out double for a two-run score for the go-ahead.
The Knights and Bulls battle again on Saturday at 12:30 p.m.
TICKETS FOR 2019
Fans can purchase tickets for the 2019 UCF softball season by calling (407) 823-1000 or online here.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Softball on social media on Facebook (/UCFSoftball), Twitter (UCF_Softball) and Instagram (UCF.Softball).