|UCF vs South Florida
Friday, April 12 - Sunday, April 14 | 5:30pm, 12:30pm, 12pm
Watch | Live Stats | Tickets
ORLANDO (UCFKnights.com) – The UCF softball team’s homestand continues with another American Athletic Conference matchup hosting the South Florida Bulls for the War On I-4 rivalry.
The Knights and Bulls will kickoff the weekend with a Friday night battle at 5:30pm followed by a 12:30pm first pitch on Saturday and a noon start on Sunday.
All three games will be streamed on UCFKnights.TV and live stats will also be available.
Friday at the UCF Softball Complex will be 80’s night and the first 100 fans will receive a UCF Rubik’s cube and UCF state of Florida magnets. Saturday, the team will honor recent Hall of Fame inductee, Allison Kime by unveiling a new banner and she will be throwing out the first pitch.
On Sunday, the team will offer a free on-field clinic for kids 12 and under after the game. Kids will also get to run the bases after the game and Cintronaut drinks will be available at the concession all game.
- South Florida enters the weekend with a 29-15 overall record and 7-2 in The American.
- The Bulls’ six-game win streak was snapped by Florida Wednesday evening when USF took a #-# loss to the Gators in Gainesville.
- The loss to Florida was USF’s first road loss of the season.
- The Knights and Bulls will compete this weekend for the top spot in the conference standings. Both teams are tied for first place.
- As a team, USF is hitting .252 overall with a .348 slugging percentage.
- Bulls pitcher Georgina Corrick tops the conference in strikeouts(160), shutouts(5), and ERA(1.10)
- After dropping their first series to Tulsa, USF has won six straight conference games sweeping both Houston and ECU.
- THAT TOP ERA: As a pitching staff, the Knights boast the best earned run average in the conference. Between the arms of Alea White and Breanna Vasquez, UCF has a 1.72 ERA.
- NATIONAL NEWS: Alea White picked up her 20th win of the season with a 3-2 win over Wichita State to open the series. White is tied for third in the country in wins and is fourth all-time in program history with 63 career wins.
- SCHOPPIN’ AND CHOPPIN’: Denali Schappacher made The American’s Honor Roll for the first time this season. Schappacher hit .500 last week, including a pair of two-hit games against Wichita State in American action. She drove in one run and stole three bases.
- CONFERENCE STANDINGS: The Knights are tied with Tulsa and South Florida for the top spot in the conference standings. After losing the series with Wichita State, UCF has opened the door for the Bulls and the Golden Hurricane.
- BY THE NUMBERS: Although their 11-game win streak was snapped by Wichita State, the Knights put up impressive numbers during the streak. UCF hit .302 with a .425 slugging percentage and 117 total bases. The Knights posted up 19 doubles, five home runs, and 53 runs to outscore opponents, 53-16.
- STILL RV’ING: For the third-straight week, the Knights are receiving votes in the USA Softball/ESPN.com poll. UCF also comes in at 38 in the latest RPI, which is third highest among conference teams.
TICKETS FOR 2019
Fans can purchase tickets for the 2019 UCF softball season by calling (407) 823-1000 or online here.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Softball on social media on Facebook (/UCFSoftball), Twitter (UCF_Softball) and Instagram (UCF.Softball).