|UCF vs Wichita State
Friday, April 5 - Sunday, April 7 | 6 pm, 2pm, 12pm
Watch | Live Stats | Tickets
ORLANDO (UCFKnights.com) – American Athletic Conference play returns this weekend with a three-game series against Wichita State.
Friday’s matchup will start at 6 p.m. with Saturday beginning at 2 p.m., with Sunday slated for a 12 p.m. first pitch.
All three games will be streamed live on UCFKnights.TV and live stats will also be available.
Friday evening will feature Knugget Knight. Tickets will be $10 and will include admission into the game along with a Knugget bobblehead. Sunday is Little League Softball Day where all Little Leaguers will get in free with their jersey.
The Knights boast as overall record of 27-9 coming off a midweek win against Jacksonville, 3-2.
- Wichita State enters the weekend 21-16 and 2-4 in The American.
- This will be the first time the Shockers visit the UCF Softball Complex.
- On the road, WSU is 2-2 with their last road game resulting in a loss against then No. 19 Oklahoma State, 0-3.
- This will be the first road trip for the Shockers in conference play.
- Wichita State holds the all-time series advantage over the Knights, 3-0 after sweeping UCF in their first ever meetings last season in Wichita.
- The Knights and Shockers share five of the same past opponents this season: Pitt, LA Tech, Chattanooga, Minnesota, and UConn. Wichita State split the series with Pitt, defeated LA Tech, lost to Chattanooga, was shutout by Minnesota, and lost the series to UConn last weekend.
- As a team, the Shockers are hitting .295 with a .461 slugging percentage and 31 home runs.
- JACKSONVILLE RECAP: The Knights won in walk-off fashion over Jacksonville, 3-2 Wednesday for their 27th win of the season. Takiya London ripped a single through the left side to score the winning run from third base. Alea White picked up the win to improve to 19-6 on the year.
- HOME STATS: UCF is 16-5 at home this year, matching their home record for all of 2018. At home, the Knights have outscored opponents 72-40 with 137 hits, 36 doubles, and 21 stolen bases.
- MONTH OF MARCH: The Black and Gold wrapped up the month of March with a 17-4 record. Three of the four losses came against ranked opponents including then-No. 1 Florida State and then-No. 6 Florida. In March, UCF outscored opponents 96-36 with a .424 slugging percentage, and 11 home runs.
- JUST KEEP CLIMBING: With her win over Jacksonville, Alea White is now tied for fourth all-time in program wins with 62. White is tied with Ashleigh Cole (’10) and is nine wins away from reaching Allison Kime’s 71 all-time wins.
- SPRING CLEANING: UCF never put the brooms away on their trip to Greenville as they swept the Pirates for their second-consecutive conference sweep. The Knights remain as the only undefeated team in conference play. In the series, the Knights scored 18 runs on 20 hits along with three home runs and four doubles. Knights also swept UConn the weekend before to open conference play.
- HONOR ROLL: Alea White and Cassady Brewer were both named to The American’s Honor Roll for their performances against ECU. Brewer led the Knights to a second straight sweep in American play, hitting .667 with four runs scored, a pair of doubles, and a home run for a 1.222 slugging percentage. White went 3-0 with a pair of complete games for UCF, tossing 17.1 innings and striking out 10 batters. She allowed 10 hits and four runs as she moved to 5-0 in American play this season.
- NATIONAL NUMBERS: Alea White continues to climb the national rankings, ranking fourth in all of Division I in total victories with 18. She is also 14th in total shutouts with five. In The American, White is second in strikeouts (125) and fifth in ERA (1.47).
- ATOP THE AMERICAN: The 6-0 start for UCF in conference play is the third time overall the Knights have started off undefeated. UCF started 6-0 in 2015 in The American and 6-0 in 2004 in the Atlantic Sun.
- HOT START: UCF’s 27-9 start to the season is the third best start in program history. In its inaugural season in 2002, the Knights started 26-6 and in 2015 they were 28-4 in their first 32 games. At the UCF Softball Complex, the Knights are off to a 16-5 start with 12 home contests remaining in the regular season schedule.
- GOING STREAKING: The Knights are on their longest winning streak of the season winning 10 straight games. UCF has not lost since their game on March 13 against No. 7 Florida. In their nine wins, the Knights are hitting .306, scoring 47 runs on 71 hits. UCF tallied 16 doubles and 102 total bases and have outscored their opponents, 47-12.
TICKETS FOR 2019
Fans can purchase tickets for the 2019 UCF softball season by calling (407) 823-1000 or online here.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Softball on social media on Facebook (/UCFSoftball), Twitter (UCF_Softball) and Instagram (UCF.Softball).