|UCF vs Jacksonville
Wednesday, April 3 | 6 p.m.
Watch | Live Stats | Tickets
ORLANDO (UCFKnights.com) – The UCF softball squad returns to the UCF Softball Complex Wednesday evening with an out-of-conference duel with Jacksonville with a 6 p.m. first pitch.
The game will be streamed live on UCFKnights.TV and live stats will also be available.
Wednesday's game will celebrate Military Appreciation Day and hotdogs will be on sale for $1.
UCF (26-9; 6-0) is coming off their second-straight American Athletic Conference sweep over ECU in Greensville, N.C., as they look to extend their nine-game winning streak.
- Jacksonville enters the weekend with an overall record of 13-22 and 1-5 in the Atlantic Sun.
- The Dolphins are 0-9 on the road after visiting Kennesaw State and Florida A&M most recently.
- The Knights control the all-time series with the Dolphins, 14-2. The last time Jacksonville defeated the Knights was in a 3-2 win in 2012 in Orlando.
- Jacksonville is hitting .259 as a team with a .375 slugging percentage.
- The Dolphins are currently on a six-game losing streak with their last win coming against Stetson in 3-2 game going eight innings.
- In last years matchup with Jacksonville, UCF won 5-3 after Aubrey Johnson went 2-for-4 with a pair of RBI.
- SPRING CLEANING: UCF never put the brooms away on their trip to Greenville as they swept the Pirates for their second-consecutive conference sweep. The Knights remain as the only undefeated team in conference play. In the series, the Knights scored 18 runs on 20 hits along with three home runs and four doubles.
- HONOR ROLL: Alea White and Cassady Brewer were both named to The American’s Honor Roll for their performances against ECU. Brewer led the Knights to a second straight sweep in American play, hitting .667 with four runs scored, a pair of doubles, and a home run for a 1.222 slugging percentage. White went 3-0 with a pair of complete games for UCF, tossing 17.1 innings and striking out 10 batters. She allowed 10 hits and four runs as she moved to 5-0 in American play this season. White picked up her 61st career win this weekend and now has UCF’s fifth most wins in program history. White is just 19 wins from tying the program record.
- NATIONAL NUMBERS: Alea White continues to climb the national rankings, ranking fourth in all of Division I in total victories with 18. She is also 14th in total shutouts with five. In The American, White is second in strikeouts (125) and fifth in ERA (1.47).
- BIG MEESH/BIG BREW: Tamesha Glover is having a standout junior season ranked first in the conference in slugging percentage (.653), doubles (12), and doubles per game. Glover is also third in total bases this season with 64. Brewer is tied for the top spot with Glover in total doubles and doubles per game in her senior year.
- ATOP THE AMERICAN: The 6-0 start for UCF in conference play is the third time overall the Knights have started off undefeated. UCF started 6-0 in 2015 in The American and 6-0 in 2004 in the Atlantic Sun.
- HOT START: UCF’s 26-9 start to the season is the third best start in program history. In its inaugural season in 2002, the Knights started 26-6 and in 2015 they were 28-4 in their first 32 games. At the UCF Softball Complex, the Knights are off to a 15-5 start with 13 home contests remaining in the regular season schedule.
- GOING STREAKING: The Knights are on their longest winning streak of the season winning nine straight games. UCF has not lost since their game on March 13 against No. 7 Florida. In their nine wins, the Knights are hitting .306, scoring 47 runs on 71 hits. UCF tallied 16 doubles and 102 total bases and have outscored their opponents, 47-12.
TICKETS FOR 2019
Fans can purchase tickets for the 2019 UCF softball season by calling (407) 823-1000 or online here.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Softball on social media on Facebook (/UCFSoftball), Twitter (UCF_Softball) and Instagram (UCF.Softball).