|UCF at ECU
Friday, March 29 6 p.m. | Saturday, March 30 2 p.m. | Sunday, March 31 11 a.m.
Watch |Live Stats
ORLANDO (UCFKnights.com) – American Athletic Conference play continues this weekend as the UCF softball team hits the road to face East Carolina for a three-game series.
Friday’s matchup will start at 6 p.m. with Saturday beginning at 2 p.m., with Sunday slated for an 11 a.m. first pitch.
All three games will be streamed live on ECUPirates.com and live stats will also be available.
The Knights (23-9) opened conference play with a series sweep over UConn and look to continue their six-game winning streak this weekend.
- ECU enters the weekend with a 19-14 overall record and 1-2 in The American.
- The Pirates’ opened conference play with a series with Memphis in which they beat the Tigers in eight innings, 5-4, but dropped the next two significantly, 0-8 and 1-9.
- At home, ECU is 7-6 with their most recent game coming against North Carolina in which the Pirates lost, 0-5.
- Last season, ECU finished 23-32 overall and 8-13 in The American and lost in the first round of the conference championship to Houston.
- In the series with the Pirates last year, UCF swept ECU during UCF’s senior weekend before heading to the conference tournament.
- In the conference standings, ECU is in seventh, just ahead of UConn and behind USF.
- As a team, ECU is hitting .296 with a .424 slugging percentage. Their pitching staff is carrying a 3.57 earned run average with an opponents batting average of .283.
- GET THE BROOMS OUT: The Knights started off conference play the best way possible sweeping UConn. The Knights beat the Huskies, 2-0, 2-1, and 2-1 in a come-from-behind Sunday afternoon thriller. UCF is the only team in the conference to sweep in the first weekend as they are atop the standings with a 3-0 conference record.
- THIRD TIME A CHARM: For the third time this season, Alea White has been named Pitcher of the Week by The American. She posted a 0.39 earned run average after 18 innings of work allowing just one earned run, eight hits, and four walks. White struck out 18 batters including seven in the final game of the series with UConn. White is currently 6th in the nation in total victories with 15.
- BIG MEESH: For the second-straight week, Tamesha Glover made The American Honor Roll. Glover hit .400 last week with each of her hits going for doubles. She drove in two runs and scored four times while stealing two bases as UCF opened American play with a sweep of UConn. Glover paces the conference in doubles with 12 and is 10th in Division I.
- GOING STREAKING: For the second time this season, UCF is on a six-game win streak after sweeping the doubleheader in Stetson, beating Princeton is a midweek matchup, and sweeping UConn. In their six wins, the Knights are hitting .331, scoring 29 runs on 51 hits. UCF tallied 12 doubles and 69 total bases and have outscored their opponents, 29-5.
- NOW, THAT’S LOW: As a pitching staff, the Knights have a combined 1.71 earned run average, which is the best in The American and the seventh best in all of Division I. The duo of junior Alea White and freshman Breanna Vasquez have thrown a combined 202 innings and have kept opponents to a .201 batting average.
- LEADERS: As a team, UCF leads The American in doubles per game (1.56), earned run average (1.71), stolen bases per game (1.34), and overall win-loss percentage (.719). Alea White paces the conference in shutouts (5) and victories (15).
- HOT START: UCF’s 23-9 start to the season is the third best start in program history. In its inaugural season in 2002, the Knights started 26-6 and in 2015 they were 28-4 in their first 32 games.
- RVing: For the second time this season, UCF is receiving votes in the ESPN.com/USA Softball poll. The Knights are collecting four votes after they went 4-0 last week and are on a six-game winning streak.
TICKETS FOR 2019
Fans can purchase tickets for the 2019 UCF softball season by calling (407) 823-1000 or online here.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Softball on social media on Facebook (/UCFSoftball), Twitter (UCF_Softball) and Instagram (UCF.Softball).