ORLANDO (UCFKnights.com) – The UCF softball team opened their four-game home stand on Wednesday evening with an 8-1 win over Princeton to improve to 20-9 on their season heading into the American Athletic Conference play.
Erin Emanuel scored three runs in the win and went 2-for-2 at the plate with a home run.
Things You Need To Know:
- Every starter for the Knights recorded at least one hit during the game.
- Emanuel’s home run was her first for the season and second as a Knight.
- Glover’s stolen base was the seventh of the season, just one shy of her single-season career high.
- Damaria Cannon made her home debut with an at-bat against Princeton. Cannon played her first game of the season against Stetson on March 16th.
- Aubrey Johnson made her first career start in left field. She collected one putout.
- Vasquez and White teamed up to grab the win Wednesday evening, allowing only four hits as well as fanning five Tigers.
- White made her 20th appearance of the season for UCF, totaling 105 in her career.
- The Knights are now 5-1 against the Tigers.
- UCF is 12-5 while playing at the UCF Softball Complex this season.
UCF: 4-0 | 2nd | Karissa Ornelas and Aubrey Johnson delivered back-to-back singles and moved into scoring position with a sacrifice bunt from Takiya London. UCF put on a successful squeeze play with Kyra Klarkowski at the plate to score Barlow, who was pinch running for Ornelas. Emanuel walked to load the bases, and Denali Schappacher singled up the middle to score Johnson. Glover then delivered a sacrifice fly to left field to plate Klarkowski. After Emanuel and Schappacher put on the double steal, Emanuel scored off a passed ball.
PRIN: 4-1 | T3rd | With a runner on third, Harvey hit a sacrifice fly to left to score their only run of the game.
UCF: 5-1 | B3rd | After Esparza singled and moved over to second, London doubled to plate Esparza.
UCF: 6-1 | 4th | Emanuel singled and advanced to third with the help of a double from Glover. Brewer delivered a sacrifice fly to left to score Emanuel.
UCF: 8-1 | 6th | Emanuel homered to left center. Brewer knocked in Glover with a single to left center after Glover reached on an error by the second baseman.
The Knights open the American Athletic Conference play on Friday for a three-game series against UConn at 6 p.m.
TICKETS FOR 2019
Fans can purchase tickets for the 2019 UCF softball season by calling (407) 823-1000 or online here.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Softball on social media on Facebook (/UCFSoftball), Twitter (UCF_Softball) and Instagram (UCF.Softball).