|UCF vs Princeton
Wednesday, March 20 | 6 p.m.
Watch |Live Stats | Tickets
ORLANDO (UCFKnights.com) – The UCF softball team is back home at the UCF Softball Complex for four games, starting with a midweek duel with the Princeton Tigers on Wednesday at 6 p.m.
The game will be streamed live on UCFKnights.TV and live stats will also be available.
Wednesday is First Responder’s Day. Hotdogs will be on sale for $1.
The Knights (19-9) look for their 20th win of the season heading into Wednesday’s matchup and are coming off two strong wins over Stetson.
- Princeton currently holds a 3-10 record heading into a doubleheader with Stetson on Tuesday.
- The Tigers and Knights met last season splitting their doubleheader. The all-time series record between the two is 4-1 in favor of the Knights.
- Princeton’s last win came against Towson on Sunday with a shutout victory over the Tigers, 8-0 in six innings.
- In the Ivy League standings, Princeton is sixth in front of Dartmouth and Cornell.
- As a team, the Tigers are hitting .233 after 13 games. Their pitchers have a combined 8.16 earned run average and allowing their opponents to hit an average of .346.
- RPI: The first RPI for 2019 was released, and has the Knights at 37. They are the second-highest ranked team in the conference behind Tulsa, (25) and one spot ahead of South Florida.
- DH IS NP: UCF rolled over Stetson on March 16th with two quick wins. The Knights scored 15 runs on 20 hits, and run-ruled the Hatters in the first game of the doubleheader. UCF allowed just two runs in the pair of games with Alea White and Breanna Vasquez picking up the wins in the circle.
- IT’S AN HONOR: Tamesha Glover made The American’s honor roll for the first time this season after her performance at Stetson. The junior hit .500 with three doubles, a home run, three RBI, and a pair of stolen bases.
- ON THE HORIZON: The battle with Princeton will be the final non-conference game before American Athletic Conference play begins. UCF opens conference play with a three-game series hosting UConn beginning on Friday. The Knights have four more games to play against non-conference opponents.
- 20-20: The Knights are one win shy of 20 wins thus far. South Florida is the only team in the conference with more than 20 wins, (22) making UCF the second team with a win against Princeton on Wednesday.
TICKETS FOR 2019
Fans can purchase tickets for the 2019 UCF softball season by calling (407) 823-1000 or online here.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Softball on social media on Facebook (/UCFSoftball), Twitter (UCF_Softball) and Instagram (UCF.Softball).