|UCF vs. No. 7 Florida
Wednesday, March 13 | 6 p.m.
Watch | Listen | Live Stats
ORLANDO (UCFKnights.com) – The UCF softball team continues their road trip with a midweek duel with No. 7 Florida at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium on Wednesday, March 13 at 6 p.m.
The game will be streamed live on SEC Network+ and live stats will also be available.
This will be the first away game for the Knights after going 11-5 at home and posting a 6-3 neutral site record. Overall, the 17-8 Knights look to take down Florida in back-to-back season after shutting them out in 2018.
- Florida has a 22-4 record heading into Wednesday’s matchup. They are 8-2 at home.
- In their last seven games, Florida is 4-3 with losses to UCLA and a pair of losses to Tennessee in their first conference series of the season.
- The Gators hold a 20-4 all-time record against the Knights with the Knights winning the last meeting, 1-0 in 2018.
- Florida leads the nation in fielding percentage (.991) and is fourth in Division I in strikeout-to-walk ratio (6.11).
- In the most recent Top-25 polls, Florida comes in at No. 7 in both the ESPN.com/USA Softball and USA Today/NFCA polls.
- Last season, Florida finished 56-11 overall and made it to the Women’s College World Series. The Gators were knocked out with back-to-back loses to UCLA and Oklahoma.
- DÉJÀ VU: For the second time this season and the sixth of her career, Alea White was named American Athletic Conference Pitcher of the Week. White made her 100th appearance as a Knight last week as she posted 4-0 record. She struck out 29 batters in 26 innings of work, including 11 against Chattanooga, just one shy of her career high. White held opposing batters to 13 hits and allowed two runs while leading UCF to a five-win week.
- HONOR ROLL: For the second time this season, Cassady Brewer made The American Honor Roll. Brewer led the Knights in hits and RBI this week, going 9-for-21 and driving in four runs. She tallied a pair of doubles and a home run at the plate, while defensively, she caught a pair of would-be base-stealers.
- WEEKEND RECAP: UCF is coming off a 4-1 weekend at the USF Clearwater Tournament, their last tournament of the regular season. The Knights shutout Seton Hall, Saint Joseph’s, and St. John’s, while also putting up a win over Chattanooga. UCF fell to Furman who later when on to also beat No. 17 Indiana.
- ROAD ROOKIES: UCF’s matchup with the Gators will be the Knights’ first road game of the season. The Knights have played 16 home games (11-5 record) and nine neutral site battles (6-3). In 2018, UCF was 6-9 in road matches.
- DOUBLE OR NOTHIN’: Over the weekend, the Knights posted five more doubles giving them 38 on the season after recording just 52 last season. UCF leads the conference in total doubles and doubles per game (1.54). Brewer leads the Knights in doubles with nine.
- DUBS ON THE RANKED: No. 7 Florida will be the sixth team and seventh game against a ranked team for UCF. The Knights took down No. 24 Ohio State in their third game of the season, 3-2. In the last four season, UCF has defeated at least two ranked teams.
TICKETS FOR 2019
Fans can purchase tickets for the 2019 UCF softball season by calling (407) 823-1000 or online here.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Softball on social media on Facebook (/UCFSoftball), Twitter (UCF_Softball) and Instagram (UCF.Softball).