CLEARWATER, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) – The UCF softball team split their Saturday slate taking down Chattanooga, 4-1, but falling to Furman, 3-2.
Kyra Klarkowski delivered three hits for the Knights including the go-ahead triple in the seventh inning to defeat the Mocs.
UCF is now 16-8 overall and is 3-1 in the USF Clearwater Tournament with one game remaining on Sunday.
Things You Need To Know:
- Klarkowski went 3-for-5 with a slugging percentage of 1.200 after grabbing a double and a triple on the day. The junior captain was also 3-for-3 on stolen bases.
- Aubrey Johnson and Cassady Brewer each collected two hits on the day with Brewer recording a double and Johnson one RBI.
- White earned her 10th win of the season giving her 53 career wins and 102 appearances. Her 11 strikeouts in one game was just one shy of tying her career high, which she set against Coastal Carolina in her no-hitter.
- For Vasquez, the three runs given up to Furman is just the third game this season that she has given up at least one run.
- This weekend, Knights’ pitching has just a 1.12 earned run average with 26 strikeouts in 25 innings and a batting average against of .161.
- UCF is continuing to show speed on the bases converting seven of eight stolen base attempts this weekend. Klarkowski leads the team with four.
- In four games this tournament, UCF has scored 18 runs on 24 hits with three triples and four doubles.
Game 1 – vs Chattanooga
UCF: 1-0 | 3rd | After Klarkowski doubled down the left field line then stole second, Erin Emanuel brought Klarkowski home when she doubled to right center.
CHAT: 1-1 | 4th | The Mocs drew a walk with the bases loaded.
UCF: 4-1 | 7th | Kaitlyn Jensen led the inning off with a walk and Savannah Julylia came in to pinch run. Julylia advanced to second courtesy of a sacrifice bunt from Takiya London. Brooke Barlow singled to center field putting Julylia on third. Klarkowski delivered a triple to deep center plating both Barlow and Julylia and was able to score herself after a Mocs miscue.
Game 2 – vs Furman
UCF: 1-0 | T3rd | Klarkowski singled then stole second to get into scoring position for Schappacher who delivered a single to left center bringing in Klarkowski.
FUR: 3-1 | B3rd | DeMonte homered to right center.
UCF: 3-2 | 7th | Cassady Brewer doubled to right field and Kendyl Lange came in to pinch run. Aubrey Johnson singled to left field to plate Lange.
The Knights will wrap up the USF Clearwater Tournament on Sunday at 11:15 a.m. taking on St. John’s.
TICKETS FOR 2019
Fans can purchase tickets for the 2019 UCF softball season by calling (407) 823-1000 or online here: https://ucfknights.co/2RYIOhq. Single game tickets go on sale February 1.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Softball on social media on Facebook (/UCFSoftball), Twitter (UCF_Softball) and Instagram (UCF.Softball).