ORLANDO (UCFKnights.com) – In game two between the No. 1 Florida State Seminoles and the Knights, Florida State came away with their 22nd consecutive win of the season in a 9-3 victory Monday night. Florida State is now 22-0, while UCF moves to 12-7.
With 844 fans in attendance, UCF’s late rally in the seventh inning fell short as they tallied eight hits and two walks in the loss.
Breanna Vasquez got the start in the circle and grabbed the loss to move to 5-2 on the season.
Things You Need To Know:
- The Knights turned two double plays early in the game.
- In two games against the Seminoles, UCF collected 17 hits, four runs, four walks.
- Jazmine Esparza went 3-for-7 against Florida State with three RBI and a walk.
- Brooke Barlow homered for the first time as a Knight and gave UCF their second homer of the season.
- The Knights delivered four straight singles in the bottom of the seventh giving them two runs.
- Vasquez ended her streak of 39.1 innings pitched without giving up an earned run after allowing four earned runs on five hits in 3.1 innings pitched.
- Ashley Stephenson threw 2.1 innings allowing just two hits in 33 pitches.
- Kiana East made her first appearance as a Knight. East threw the final 1.1 innings striking out one and allowing three hits.
FSU: 2-0 | 2nd | Dani Morgan homered to left field.
FSU: 4-0 | 4th | With the bases loaded, Cali Harrod single up the middle.
FSU: 5-0 | 5th | The Seminoles had runners on first and third and after a UCF double play by Erin Emanuel, the runner from third was able to score.
FSU: 7-0 | 6th | Harrod homered to center field. Elizabeth Mason singled up the middle to plate Carsyn Gordon.
FSU: 9-0 | 7th | Harrod homered to right field.
UCF: 9-3 | 7th | Barlow led off the inning with a solo home run to left field. Denali Schappacher, Glover, and Brewer all singled after Barlow’s homer and Esparza brought Schappacher and Glover home with a single through the left side.
The Knights will play the final game of the homestand on Wednesday, March 6 against Boston College at 6 p.m.
TICKETS FOR 2019
Fans can purchase tickets for the 2019 UCF softball season by calling (407) 823-1000 or online here: https://ucfknights.co/2RYIOhq. Single game tickets go on sale February 1.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Softball on social media on Facebook (/UCFSoftball), Twitter (UCF_Softball) and Instagram (UCF.Softball).