ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) – The Knights are off to their final road game of the regular season as they prepare to face Memphis Saturday at 8 p.m. ET.
The match will be streamed live on Memphis Tiger Network and live stats will also be available.
UCF heads into the matchup with the Tigers, 10-2-2 overall and 3-1-1 in the American Athletic Conference. The Knights are battling for a shot at the regular season title in The American as they trail one point to the conference leader, UConn with two matches left to play in the regular season.
The Black and Gold continue their offensive dominance and are still ranked top seven in the country in shots per game, shots on goal per game, scoring offense, points per game, total goals, points and assists.
- Memphis is 7-4-4 overall and 2-2-1 in conference play.
- In The American standings, Memphis is fifth and is still fighting for a guaranteed spot in the conference tournament.
- The Tigers are looking for their third straight win after beating both Tulsa and Lipscomb this past week.
- Memphis has lost just one match in the month of October when they suffered an 0-3 loss to SMU on Oct. 12.
Last season, the Knights and Tigers tied, 1-1 after going to double overtime. Andreas Steineger scored his first collegiate goal in the 17th minute for the equalizer.
- IN NATIONAL NEWS: Cal Jennings was named College Soccer News’ National Player of the Week after his performance in UCF’s pair of wins last week. He was also named to topdrawer soccer’s team of the week for the second time this season.
- WAR ON I-4 POINTS: With the win against USF, the Knights grabbed six points in the War on I-4 to go up 15-0 against the Bulls.
- SCORED IN 60 SECONDS: Twice this season, Cal Jennings has scored in the first 60 seconds of the match. Against FGCU, he scored in 25 seconds and then scored in 58 second against USF.
- RANK THAT: UCF has won three straight matches and boasts one of the top offenses in the country breaking into the top 25 polls this week. The Knights are ranked 13th by the United Soccer Coaches Poll and 12th by the Top Drawer after eight weeks of play.
- PLAYER OF THE WEEK: The Knights have grabbed seven weekly honors from the American (out of eight possible weeks), four offensive player of the week and three Goalkeeper of the Week awards. Weekly award winnings include Louis Perez (Aug. 27), Cal Jennings (Sept. 3, 17 & Oct. 8), and Yannik Oettl (Sept. 10, Oct. 1 & 22).
- THERE’S NO PLACE LIKE HOME: With 10 home matches on the schedule this season, the Knights have taken home field advantage. Through nine games at the UCF soccer complex, UCF is 6-1-2 scoring 24 goals with two shutouts.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.