TULSA, Okla. (UCFKnights.com) – UCF’s high-powered offense was victorious again in a 4-3 win over American Athletic Conference opponent, Tulsa at the Hurricane Soccer Stadium.
Cal Jennings netted his 13th and 14th goal in the win to garner four points on the night. Hattabiou Barry notched his second goal in conference play and added an assist, while Yoni Sorokin converted the Knights’ second penalty kick of the season for his first goal of the season as UCF posted 11 points.
The Knights improve to 8-2-1 overall and 2-1 in conference play, while Tulsa drops to 3-7-1 and winless in The American.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Leerman recorded his first collegiate point with an assist to Jennings.
- 14 different Knights have dished out assists this season an 11 have netted at least one goal.
- Sorokin and Louis Perez lead the Knights in assists with five each.
- In conference play, UCF holds the advantage in shots on goal (26-16) and average shots per game (19-11).
- Jennings remains second in the nation and first in the conference in total goals (14) and total points (32).
- This week, UCF has netted 12 goals from six different Knights. Opponents have scored just four times.
- Three of UCF’s four defenders tonight are freshman (Gideon Adu-Peprah, Leerman, and Andres Hernandez-Betancur)
The Knights are back home for three straight matches beginning with a battle with UConn which will be featured on ESPNU on Friday, Oct. 12 at 4 p.m.
Season tickets for the 2018 campaign are on sale now. Fans looking to purchase tickets can call (407) 823-1000 or visit UCFKnights.com to secure them today. For men's soccer tickets CLICK HERE.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.