ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) – The UCF men’s soccer team is back home and back in action Friday evening at 7 p.m. as they host American Athletic Conference rival SMU at the UCF Soccer Complex.
The match will be streamed live via UCFKnights.TV and live stats will be available.
Friday's matchup is International Knight as the Knights and UCF Global have teamed up and are hosting a tailgate starting at 6 p.m. for International students and staff members to enjoy the match.
UCF (5-2-1) has been on a three-game road trip taking two of the three matches. In those three matches, the Knights outscored their opponents, 7-4 and averaged 2.33 goals per game. Junior Cal Jennings netted five goals including a hat trick against Stetson.
Despite coming off a 1-0 loss at Temple for The American opener, the Knights are still atop many categories in the conference, while Jennings continues to garner National attention.
- The Knights’ series record against SMU is 3-6-4.
- Last season, the Mustangs were crowned the regular season and The American Tournament champions.
- The Knights and Mustangs battled twice last year with SMU defeating UCF, 2-1 in both matches.
- This season, SMU is has played just one game on the road resulting in a 1-1 tie with Saint Louis.
- SMU is coming off their first conference win of the season over Tulsa, shutting out the Hurricane, 1-0.
- In the loss to Temple, Cal Jennings, Yoni Sorokin, Richard Amon, and Gorka Aperribay led the way with three shots each, while Hattabiou Barry added a pair.
- CJ Campbell got his first start of the season against Temple. He played 81 minutes and registered one shot.
- The Knights have taken home three of the five Offensive Player of the Week honors from The American thanks to Louis Perez and Jennings(2).
- With five wins thus far, UCF has the best record amongst Division I programs in the Sunshine State.
- Jennings has scored nine of UCF’s 16 goals this season.
- Jennings is grabbing national attention as one of the top forwards in the country. He is currently ranked second in shots per game, game winning goals, total goals, goals per game, and points per game.
- In The American, The Knights are first in total points, total goals, total assists, shots and shots on goal per game, scoring offense, points per game, and assists per game.
- Head coach Scott Calabrese is sitting at 98 wins as a head coach.
- UCF is 3-1-1 in the month of September.
- The Knights are 2-1-1 at home. In those five matches, UCF has compiled 20 points, seven goals, and 38 shots on goal.
Season tickets for the 2018 campaign are on sale now. Fans looking to purchase tickets can call (407) 823-1000 or visit UCFKnights.com to secure them today. For men's soccer tickets CLICK HERE.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.