ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) – The UCF Knights sent West Virginia home down the country roads after shutting out the Mountaineers, 1-0, Friday night at the UCF Soccer Complex.
Cal Jennings scored the lone goal in the match after taking eight shots in 90 minutes, with six of those shots on target.
Hattabiou Barry registered his third assist of the season, after feeding Jennings a beautiful pass in the second half.
Yannik Oettl got his fifth consecutive start in goal for the Knights recording three saves in the win.
UCF (3-1-1) allowed just five shots all game and tallied seven corners to continue dominating on offense.
- UCF | 47:26 | Yoni Sorokin sent a long ball to Barry who dribbled past a defender and delivered a perfect pass to Jennings who tapped it in.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Jennings leads the American in goals with four and points with nine.
- UCF ranks third in the nation in shots and shots on goal adding 18 shots with 11 on target in the win.
- The Knights are 8-1-2 in their last 11 home games.
- Friday’s win is Oettl’s third career shutout and first of the season.
- Head coach Scott Calabrese picked up his 96th career victory as a head coach
The Knights hit the road for a midweek matchup with FIU on Tuesday, Sept. 11 at 7 p.m.
Season tickets for the 2018 campaign are on sale now. Fans looking to purchase tickets can call (407) 823-1000 or visit UCFKnights.com to secure them today. For men's soccer tickets CLICK HERE.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.